Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 27-10-17, 15:53   #491
nakamichi680

^ Could you take a video of the bug? On my computer Lara always moves inside the elevator, regardless of the version I use.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-17, 22:54   #492
Tremolo

It's not a bug exactly. I guess, sasho disabled this because Lara stopped walking for a few seconds in the tutorial, but this affected the rest of the game. For example, in the Wrath of the Beast level, Lara enters and there's an animated sequence where you can see this big statue falling down. If you walk a few steps ahead accidentally as the camera changes, Lara will fall into the abyss. In the original game, Lara stands still until the camera is back with her, so you can see where you're going. In the same level, if I get the stone on the wall quickly and I go to the left or right, the camera changes again and remains like that, and you can see the floor uncompleted below. The camera follows Lara again if I walk away from the wall, but as I can't see her, it becomes difficult to get out.

The elevator works fine in the second level. I was refering about the moment when you push the lever to call the elevator. If you go directly to the elevator before this reach the floor, you will hear the loop sound of the elevator coming up.

I will upload a video later.

Last edited by Tremolo; 29-10-17 at 22:56.
Tremolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 15:08   #493
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
It's not a bug exactly. I guess, sasho disabled this because Lara stopped walking for a few seconds in the tutorial, but this affected the rest of the game. For example, in the Wrath of the Beast level, Lara enters and there's an animated sequence where you can see this big statue falling down. If you walk a few steps ahead accidentally as the camera changes, Lara will fall into the abyss. In the original game, Lara stands still until the camera is back with her, so you can see where you're going. In the same level, if I get the stone on the wall quickly and I go to the left or right, the camera changes again and remains like that, and you can see the floor uncompleted below. The camera follows Lara again if I walk away from the wall, but as I can't see her, it becomes difficult to get out.

The elevator works fine in the second level. I was refering about the moment when you push the lever to call the elevator. If you go directly to the elevator before this reach the floor, you will hear the loop sound of the elevator coming up.

I will upload a video later.

I got it! Thanks for the clarification. You can avoid making the video.

I've compared sasho's build with the original one and here's what causes these issues:

In the original version of mapActorCallback function, when case 127 is triggered, the game checks whether the value pointed by esp register is equal to zero or not. If it is zero then it jumps to address 50EA71 (the end of the function), if it is not then it continues to the block of instructions indicated with the orange arrow. This calls the function playLockOutControl which is responsible for locking the player position.
In sasho's version the first block of istructions is disabled (nop = no operation) and the game automatically jumps to the address 50EA71; notice the difference between "jz" (= jump if zero, it always follows a "test" instruction) and "jmp" (= unconditional jump).

Unfortunately there is no way to change this behaviour: if you want to fix these bugs you'll have to deal with the annoying subtitles in the first level.

If you don't want to wait the release of the next version of the Multipatcher you can fix this bug by yourself with an hex editor:

1) Open TRAOD_P4.EXE

2) Search for the following string:
"50 E8 4A 68 04 00 83 C4 08 E9 CB 03 00 00 90 90 90 90 90 90 E9"

3) Replace it with:
"50 E8 4A 68 04 00 83 C4 08 E9 CB 03 00 00 8B 04 24 85 C0 0F 84"

Last edited by nakamichi680; 30-10-17 at 15:11.
Old 30-10-17, 16:42   #494
SLAYER

Why do some subtitles make you stop while the others don't? is this something that can be fixed in the level instead of the binary?
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 17:23   #495
Caesum

Unless I'm mistaken the original, v39, v42 and v49 versions of the game don't suffer from this problem. It was introduced with v52 patch.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 19:39   #496
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
Why do some subtitles make you stop while the others don't? is this something that can be fixed in the level instead of the binary?
Fixing it in the level would be the best solution but I fear it requires some changes in the script file (SCX) which is almost impossible to decrypt.
Old 02-11-17, 21:33   #497
Tremolo

Thank you, nakamichi. It's working great now.

I found another kind of "problem". Some time ago I used the Slayer's patch to remove the glow effect on Lara's clothes and hair, because let's recognize it: that effect is AWFUL. But now I decided to leave it and play with the glow effect. Now, in the scene that Kurtis takes away Lara's pistols, she's wearing the jacket, not only the black shirt. This never happened to me before, I don't know why. In the chasing scene, Lara appears only with the black shirt. But when she meets with Bouchard later, she's wearing the jacket again... besides she's wearing the glasses.

Last edited by Tremolo; 02-11-17 at 21:35.
Tremolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 04:21   #498
Boobandie

Would it be possible to add Lara's gas mask to the Galleries Under Siege cutscenes? It does just suddenly vanish.

Unlikely, but could they be added to Kurtis and Gunderson as well?
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 09:39   #499
SLAYER

Quote:
This never happened to me before, I don't know why.
You have your modded files mixed up a bit, in the unmodded game you see Lara without a vest, till the apartment FMV. Glasses come and go depending on the cutscene, no solution to this issue yet.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 11:57   #500
nakamichi680

Quote:
Thank you, nakamichi. It's working great now.

I found another kind of "problem". Some time ago I used the Slayer's patch to remove the glow effect on Lara's clothes and hair, because let's recognize it: that effect is AWFUL. But now I decided to leave it and play with the glow effect. Now, in the scene that Kurtis takes away Lara's pistols, she's wearing the jacket, not only the black shirt. This never happened to me before, I don't know why. In the chasing scene, Lara appears only with the black shirt. But when she meets with Bouchard later, she's wearing the jacket again... besides she's wearing the glasses.
The easiest solution is to put the model you like most inside data\char folder and rename it to "LARAC1.CHR". This model will override those ones included in CS_6_16, CS_6_21A and CS_6_21B.
In alternative, you could unpack these three cutscenes with gmxtool, put the same Lara model (its name is "2f06b63e-.chr") and repack the files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Would it be possible to add Lara's gas mask to the Galleries Under Siege cutscenes? It does just suddenly vanish.
1) Expand CS_6_16.GMX.CLZ to CS_6_16.GMX with AOD CLZ Xpander or GmxTool.
2) Go to this website https://onlinegdb.com/SJbQOICtAZ and click "Run".
3) Hash the following string "LARA_RESPIRATOR" and copy the little endian result.
4) Using an hex editor, search this hash and change it to something else (for instance, if the hash is 3D 76 12 BB you can change it to 3C 76 12 BB)
5) Save the file and compress it with AOD CLZ Xpander.

Repeat for CS_6_21A and CS_6_21B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Unlikely, but could they be added to Kurtis and Gunderson as well?
I haven't checked if their models have a respirator yet. Try to view them using my Animation Exporter in CHR-only mode, if they have a respirator then the process is the same as before, the only difference is that you have look for a different hash.