Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-08-17, 11:15   #10241
anniversarytr11

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
Sigh...so tired of uncharted vs tomb raider nonsense. They're two separate series...they both have their own things.
and yet Lara STILL being a whiny whimp in Rise is something Lara should not be. Chloe comes off as way more of a badass than Reboot Lara.
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 11:28   #10242
dcw123

Quote:
Sigh...so tired of uncharted vs tomb raider nonsense. They're two separate series...they both have their own things.
Sign... so tired of fans complaining when fans complain about blah blha

Well, considering the Reboot TRs were entirely based on Uncharted's success - they are bound to draw heavy comparisons.

Funnily enough, playing UC1 for the first time felt like a massive rip off of Legend in terms of platforming.. but it held enough on its own with the set piece stuff and manual aiming, different combat system etc

The point me and the person above are saying is Lara herself as a character - more than anything else.. she is just SO bland and predictable and boring.

The next TR needs more puzzles and tombs on the main path - forcing the player to complete them to proceed. Hell, even the return of key items would be nice.
I think we see a little of this in Lost Lecacy - which is what TR needs to do more of IMO.
Stop treading people like idiots and stop the hand holding , optional tomb rubbish.

Not ONCE did I ever hear Nate go "I can do this" - "I have to do this" - "I'm not that kind of Drake" LOL
My point being, even in UC4 when he is shipwrecked and wounded, he was tougher than Lara ever was and just got on with what needed doing.
Like how Lara used to be in the old games, and even LAU to some extend.. Legend Lara was tougher than Reboot Lara and thats saying something

Back on Topic - SO cannot wait for this game.. not long left till its out!

Last edited by dcw123; 08-08-17 at 11:32.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 11:42   #10243
Nigel Cassidy

There are moments in Uncharted that are really gloomy or were Drake is getting the bejesus kicked out of him or stumbling through the snow bleeding all over the place. But there are also lighthearted moments and badassery moments. There's a much better variety and balance of tones and moods in Uncharted. In the Treboots it's the same thing all the time, irritating the hell out of me.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 11:59   #10244
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
There are moments in Uncharted that are really gloomy or were Drake is getting the bejesus kicked out of him or stumbling through the snow bleeding all over the place. But there are also lighthearted moments and badassery moments. There's a much better variety and balance of tones and moods in Uncharted. In the Treboots it's the same thing all the time, irritating the hell out of me.
Exactly. Nate reminds me a lot of Core's Lara in that regard.
I did feel Lara got a little better in Rise - but she didn't go far enough I don't think.. barely any difference to the ending of TR2013
I miss the one liners a bit too if I am honest.
"Not everyone here wants to be guinea pigs. Multi apendiged or not!" Hahah oh Lara!
Old 08-08-17, 18:05   #10245
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
4/5 games in and you're still not used to it? Uncharted is what TR used to be, comparisons are always going to show up.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 19:53   #10246
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Yeah it's the balance that's good

Even classic Lara, as silly as the first 3 games in particular could get, had her more sincere or even outright dark moments, basically the whole of AoD.

Even if it's as small as seeing Treboot Lara just crack a smile and make a joke, there needs to be a warmer side to her that we're just not seeing. She has no warm side, it's all sadness and/or anger, and then in the relatively lighter parts of the game, she's just robotic.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 20:13   #10247
Blackmoor

Just ordered my copy of LL. 23rd August... only a couple more weeks.

Are we all getting it on the same day or does it vary from region to region?
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 20:43   #10248
dcw123

As far as I know its Worldwide same day.
Old 08-08-17, 20:58   #10249
BluenoseGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Just ordered my copy of LL. 23rd August... only a couple more weeks.

Are we all getting it on the same day or does it vary from region to region?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
As far as I know its Worldwide same day.
US is 22nd, EU is 23rd
BluenoseGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 21:00   #10250
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluenoseGames View Post
US is 22nd, EU is 23rd
I knew it.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote