Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 05-06-19, 09:31   #15461
Vaskito

Just finished my replay of ROTTR, on my origin trilogy playthrough. And it just cemented my love for the game. What a wonderful piece of entertainment. And replaying it right after finishing 2013, and seeing how it improves on it on almost every single aspect - yes, it's a safe sequel (I already hoped, and expected it anyway), but still, the difference and improvements are pretty major IMO

Edit: BTW, this is how I finished Konstantin. It's simply hilarious

Next stop: Shadow. I'll start my replay in the next couple of days, and it will be awesome, since all DLCs are released and add up a lot. I'm still undecided if I should proceed with a NG+, or a simple New Game. I think I'll go with the normal NG, to keep it consistent with the previous two games replays, plus I have never replayed SOTTR with a normal New Game slot instead of NG+

Last edited by Vaskito; 05-06-19 at 10:59.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 12:19   #15462
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumpet View Post
Not me. Legend's is fine but I really wasn't a fan of Anniversary and Underworld's scores. Too many tracks including the main themes relied too heavily on the same soft jingly style of music which got annoying after a while. Other themes fell flat with random melodies and hitting the wrong mood such as Peru's opening wolf scene and escaping Qualopec's tomb.

But the worst part definitely has to the choir tracks. That incredibly generic Hollywood trailer style of music that tries too hard to sound epic. Absolutely hated it!
I agree. Legend’s soundtrack is wonderful and is one of my favorites in the series, but Anniversary and Underworld never quite hit the spot for me. They have a few good tracks, but overall, I wish we got something better.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 15:42   #15463
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I agree. Legend’s soundtrack is wonderful and is one of my favorites in the series, but Anniversary and Underworld never quite hit the spot for me. They have a few good tracks, but overall, I wish we got something better.
I agree as well!
Legend's was really something.
Underworlds kinda soudned repetitive...anniversary had some great ambience (especially in egypt) but there was just too much music in the background of the game.

If we compared TR1 to TRA (the main theme), TR1 started out with a single flute that gave you a sense of isolation, while TRA...there was a whole entourage and it was just too whimsical and magical.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 16:16   #15464
laracroftswest

@Vaskito is that on 360? If so, that's the best looking 360 game I've ever seen

Edit: I'm just now seeing the keyboard prompts, silly me...nevermind. I was thrown off by those hair physics.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 16:36   #15465
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
If we compared TR1 to TRA (the main theme), TR1 started out with a single flute that gave you a sense of isolation, while TRA...there was a whole entourage and it was just too whimsical and magical.
Yeah, Anniversary's take on the main theme sounded like it was trying way too hard to sound dramatic or emotional, but in the end, it ended removing all the beautiful emotion the original had.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 16:58   #15466
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
@Vaskito is that on 360? If so, that's the best looking 360 game I've ever seen

Edit: I'm just now seeing the keyboard prompts, silly me...nevermind. I was thrown off by those hair physics.
Hhehe, that video isn't mine! But I saw someone killing Konstantin that way, in some video (IDK if it was this one, or another random one), and now I can't kill him any other way hahaha

The noise the can makes when it hits his head, is the cherry on top!
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 17:15   #15467
Ruu11

Randomly watching this... am I the only who feel it so fake?
They sound like they're acting the own interview... It feels kinda weird
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 18:10   #15468
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Yeah, Anniversary's take on the main theme sounded like it was trying way too hard to sound dramatic or emotional, but in the end, it ended removing all the beautiful emotion the original had.
Less is more honestly.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 22:53   #15469
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Hhehe, that video isn't mine! But I saw someone killing Konstantin that way, in some video (IDK if it was this one, or another random one), and now I can't kill him any other way hahaha

The noise the can makes when it hits his head, is the cherry on top!
the konstantin can kill is honestly iconic
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 22:56   #15470
**LARA LOVER**

Anyone want to play endurance mode in rise on ps4?
**LARA LOVER** is offline   Reply With Quote