Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 02-08-19, 20:17   #1
LuckyEdge10

Default Fascists celebrating the 136th birthday of Benito Mussolini in Italy

https://youtu.be/E55O0PKMT2k

In case you don't know what fascism is:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

We're in 2019. I repeat: 2019. And these people (over 3,000 people) are celebrating the birthday of a fascist leader which killed black people, homosexual people, disabled and jews.

There is an interview where they all say that all those people that I mentioned above should be burned. And most of theme are even ignorant and one of them says "Fascism did a lot of good things, for example...for example...Ok I don't really know what fascism did"

I can't believe that ALL these people are doing this. This is absolutely ridicolous. I wanna die.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 20:34   #2
redfox45

Could you elaborate a little more on what that guy said in the interview and what they said to the crowd? I had no idea about this, is it an anual thing they do?

From the incredibly limited Italian I vaguely recognised I got the vibe of the general bile this sort spew out wherever they come from "He was good for us, he was strong, he believed in our country etc etc."
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 20:35   #3
lance6439

Celebrating Fascists is a common thing in America.

And people want to deny the rise of Far Right Wing groups...

but then again Europe is 10x more racists and intolerant than America could ever be (I think)

edit: I love when these loonies wanna talk about "preserving culture" no you're just trash.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 20:56   #4
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Celebrating Fascists is a common thing in America.

And people want to deny the rise of Far Right Wing groups...

but then again Europe is 10x more racists and intolerant than America could ever be (I think)

edit: I love when these loonies wanna talk about "preserving culture" no you're just trash.
Nah, you have splinter groups and places that are run by idiotic conservatives but most of europe is multi culture as heck and open for that.
No matter if they are part of the EU or not.

You could say that parts of europe are little like america at its worst but its not as bad as in america.
Which i think has a lot to do with the fact that most european countrys are close together...but then america and mexico arent that far off and america locks mexicans in cages...so yeah, i dont know.

Anyway...once upon a time people thought that with people like mussolini and hitler gone, such dark times and mindsets would never return...as if world war 2 cleansed the earth of such things...what crap.
Facism only rebranded itself.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 20:58   #5
Hazelphoenix

As much as I couldn’t be farther from their political and social views and actively despise Mussolini, not just as a political leader that brought nothing but despair to Italy, but as a vile human being too, let’s not forget this is just a handful of nostalgic people. Considering their average age, none of them clearly understand what they are celebrating. Can’t be just a coincidence that people who actually lived under the fascist regime are rarely seen pulling these stunts, if anything, the vast majority is anti-fascist.

These folks come off as delusional and pathetic more than anything else, I don’t even see this situation as a potential threat or something outrage worthy. It makes you think, that’s for sure. It’s usually uneducated people and teenagers that try hard to be oh so edgy for the sake of provocation
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 03:41   #6
Sir Launcelot

Fascism is coming back.

Maybe it will get really big again, even here.

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/20...n-bund/529185/

The pic in the article was taken in... yes, the United States of America. This was before the evil Japs bombed Pearl Harbor and Roosevelt decided Hitler was bad, bad bad...

The way things are going, we could have Art Deco eagles and such hanging on buildings along with brownshirts and giant Volk rallies once more, who knows.

Cue the Wagner...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhcTllJgIY

Last edited by Sir Launcelot; 03-08-19 at 03:43.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 04:52   #7
Zsott

Our planet is literally dying. Soon (very soon) it will be in a state, where it can't be saved, unless the humanity gets wiped out. (or at least 70% of them)
Instead of pushing a healthier mindset and try to do something for this place where we are living, people think it's more important to:"kill any living being that one way or another offends me or my agenda".

Ladies and gentleman, we've hit rock bottom. Maybe we deserve what's coming...

Last edited by Zsott; 03-08-19 at 04:53.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 03:15   #8
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
This. A million times, this.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 10:49   #9
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Nah, you have splinter groups and places that are run by idiotic conservatives but most of europe is multi culture as heck and open for that.
No matter if they are part of the EU or not.

You could say that parts of europe are little like america at its worst but its not as bad as in america.
Which i think has a lot to do with the fact that most european countrys are close together...but then america and mexico arent that far off and america locks mexicans in cages...so yeah, i dont know.
Yeah idk where did Lance come up with that? Yes there is racism and intolerance here and it's been getting stronger since the refugee crisis, but last time I checked it was the USA that brought black people over to the country as slave workforce and then continued to harass, segregate and bully them for decades on the mere ground of having a different skin colour. And recently similar behavior from the side of law enforcement. Based on what would you think Europe is 10 times worse?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 13:26   #10
redfox45

...so are we done talking about Italy?

Does this need to become another thread about the bad orange man?

Last edited by redfox45; 04-08-19 at 13:28.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote