www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 19-05-20, 04:36   #101
Kapu
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
Does anyone know what was Warner Brothers involvement in this game?
"Co-published in North America by Eidos, Inc. and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc." From a press release on WB's website.

A bit of background (courtesy of Wikipedia): Warner Bros had a 10% stake in SCi (parent company of Eidos) around the time Legend was released. By the time Underworld came out, they had increased their stake to 35%, which gave them distribution rights to all of Eidos' games. So (as Tomb Raidering said) they weren't involved in the development, just publishing.

As I understand it, when SCi (then renamed simply to "Eidos") was bought out by Square, Warner got a cut of the buy out money and went on their merry way.

Last edited by Kapu; 19-05-20 at 04:38.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 05:48   #102
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Warner ? That maybe explain why the first Batman Arkham was under Eidos at that time.
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-20, 13:36   #103
adamtombraider
Explorer

Just replayed the PS2 & Wii versions of Underworld and they are not as bad as people say there are those two versions give the game a different feel and I really enjoyed replaying them.
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-20, 12:44   #104
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Having played it first on PS2, then Wii and finally PS3 I can confidently say that the PS2 version is a crime against humanity and the Wii one is just forgettable, like the console itself so I guess it's kinda fitting.
Old 05-07-20, 23:37   #105
Princess_Paige
Golden

In the DLC, how is it that Natla tells doppelgänger to take her back to her birth place, which is Avalon, but Natla couldn’t get to Avalon without Thor’s hammer so how did she create the doppelgänger in Avalon. Why wasn’t Avalon being destroyed like it was when Amanda and Lara left? How is there a path to Avalon under Lara’s home? And if there isn’t, then how did the doppelgänger get out and back into Avalon despite Amanda and Lara having to use the Dias to escape?
Old 05-07-20, 23:45   #106
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
In the DLC, how is it that Natla tells doppelgänger to take her back to her birth place, which is Avalon, but Natla couldn’t get to Avalon without Thor’s hammer so how did she create the doppelgänger in Avalon. Why wasn’t Avalon being destroyed like it was when Amanda and Lara left? How is there a path to Avalon under Lara’s home? And if there isn’t, then how did the doppelgänger get out and back into Avalon despite Amanda and Lara having to use the Dias to escape?
The structure Natla and the Doppelganger go to doesn't seem to be part of Helheim (the structure the last level of Underworld takes place in) but simply being nearby, judging by the snowy setting. The room that was falling apart was the one that contained Jormugandr, that's the one that needed Thor's hammer and Natla's ritual to unlock so maybe the rest of Helheim is fine. Natla and Amanda both entered Helheim through different means than Lara and the Doppelganger has supernatural strength so clearing a path would have been much easier.
Old 06-07-20, 00:40   #107
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I thought Natlas birthplace was Atlantis?
Old 06-07-20, 00:46   #108
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I thought Natlas birthplace was Atlantis?
I think in the cutscene where Doppel recovers Natla, Natla tells her to "take me to your birthplace" or something like that so I assumed they were talking about that. Haven't watched the cutscene in a while though.
Old 09-07-20, 04:02   #109
Kapu
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtombraider View Post
Just replayed the PS2 & Wii versions of Underworld and they are not as bad as people say there are those two versions give the game a different feel and I really enjoyed replaying them.
I had the opposite experience giving the Wii version a go a few weeks ago. I played the PS3 version first and then got the Wii version for Christmas or something, I think. And at that time, I remember thinking "this isn't too bad, comparatively." Not that Underworld for PS3/360 is a finely polished product to begin with...

Anyway, I quit after finishing the first level. Graphically, I found it so barren and empty. The controls were irritating too. So are the PS3/360 controls, to be fair. But yeah, I wasn't compelled to keep playing. Tastes change, I suppose! I must be less forgiving these days. I'm glad that you had fun replaying it, though!

Last edited by Kapu; 12-07-20 at 20:59.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-20, 16:39   #110
suli
Inactive

did any of y'all play the 360 version on xbone? my god the bike is hell. It's just too slow it's as if the accelerate button is jammed. It won't make the first big jump in Mexico I can't continue the game
suli is offline   Reply With Quote