Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 04-06-19, 17:40   #11
charmedangelin

No it wasn't, went gold way too soon as the game was and still is riddled with bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Reading about some stuff (Paititi being destroyed as the game moves on etc.) just screams unfinished to me.
Wait what? I would have loved to see that God forsaken place burn to the ground.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 04-06-19 at 17:42.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 17:41   #12
AshesBorn

Something definitely felt off about the non-reveal, all the behind-closed-doors demos, and the secrecy surrounding the game only a few months before release. I presume SE really rushed Shadow out the door, leaving the devs scrambling to release it in a playable state. Let us not forget that the game shipped with the "wrong" ending that had to be patched out.
A few extra months would've helped.

Last edited by AshesBorn; 04-06-19 at 17:57.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 17:45   #13
Emix

Game was definitely rushed to the market there is no doubt about that. And sadly it's still not ready, more than a half year later. There is rain missing in one part of the game, there is no blood in many parts of the game, some animations like when killing enemy are just unfinished... etc.
Emix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 17:53   #14
leomage

They were clearly pushed for time, otherwise there wouldn’t have been a day one patch in the first place. I think missing features (like Chapter Replay) would have been included if they’d had time.

Time pressure is normal and all devs will inevitably compromise on their vision, but in this case the game felt like it wasn’t fully ready at launch. Unfortunately that seems to be increasingly the case for AAA games.
leomage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 17:55   #15
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Reading about some stuff (Paititi being destroyed as the game moves on etc.) just screams unfinished to me.

It was such a mess, when it was released on PC in September
I also remember where they said if you entered certain tombs it would have certain consequences within Paititi. They just needed more time smh.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 17:57   #16
Ankh

I think that Shadow was pushed down to second place after avengers deal Because of that the story is horrible and the game overall was being made without the importance level that Rise and TR2013 had... I mean they had 3 years to make this game and i feel like they didn't use the potential. I mean Rise was the next gen title and had much more revolutionary things and they were able to release that game in 2.5 years after TR2013....
Ankh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 17:58   #17
AntRaidsTombs

Rise also had a major push from Microsoft to be ready in 2.5 years lol.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 18:01   #18
NoahCrofRaider

It wasn’t, or so I’ve heard. I never played it at its launch, but I’ve heard how many bugs and issues there were at first. It could have used another few months in the oven.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 18:07   #19
Ankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Rise also had a major push from Microsoft to be ready in 2.5 years lol.
We don't know nothing about conditions of the deal. They only get 2 months of Xbox exclusivity so i wouldn't say that the push that they gave was "major"
Ankh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 18:10   #20
Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
We don't know nothing about conditions of the deal. They only get 2 months of Xbox exclusivity so i wouldn't say that the push that they gave was "major"
PS4 Users had to wait about a year. That whole thing was a mess. But glad I got a full complete thing for the 20th Anniversary. Also feel like Rise was more ready on launch than Shadow was.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote