www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 08-07-19, 08:15   #31
scion05
Tomb Raider

I don’t understand why everyone thinks Pierre died in TRC.

He fell down a pit and we heard a bone break.

He could plausibly have been knocked unconscious and broken an arm at the same time... certainly more plausible than being attacked by statues.
Old 09-07-19, 14:21   #32
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
I donít understand why everyone thinks Pierre died in TRC.

He fell down a pit and we heard a bone break.

He could plausibly have been knocked unconscious and broken an arm at the same time... certainly more plausible than being attacked by statues.
Well...
  1. It is a really long fall.
  2. There is no way out of the pit.
  3. If Lara replicates the scenario, she dies.
  4. There is nothing there at all after the cutscene ends.
Old 09-07-19, 16:26   #33
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

It sounded like a really long fall too in the cutscene, with a nice hard landing sound effect.

In a remake I think they should just write out Pierre and Larson and replace them with two similar characters, or else keep them and just edit the Rome story so it happens differently. I prefer the latter.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 09-07-19 at 16:27.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 02:28   #34
TRExpertgamer

post removed

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 11-07-19 at 17:39. Reason: removing the post
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 20:11   #35
JCGaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Well...
  1. It is a really long fall.
  2. There is no way out of the pit.
  3. If Lara replicates the scenario, she dies.
  4. There is nothing there at all after the cutscene ends.
According to the gaming statistic Andy Sandham of Core Design said they didn't think through what they were doing with the plot of Rome in TRC they didn't consult the TR 1996 story-line first so yes Larson and Pierre are killed off in both TR 1996 and TRC which I personally find hilarious.

Last edited by JCGaming; 13-07-19 at 20:19.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 00:41   #36
TRExpertgamer

I think they want to avoid a sign of imitation if they ever remake Tomb Raider 5 because when Crystal Dynamics started to remake TR1, it all looked like they really wanted to do that. That's why I probably think they should go for an HD remaster for the 5 classic games instead.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 22:16   #37
JCGaming

I've thought of a plausible theory that could explain why they killed Larson and Pierre in both TR 1996 and TRC a couple of days ago I came up with this theory. In TR 1996 your playing in real time as part of Lara's experience and Lara Kills them for sure after several confrontations there can be no doubt of that unless you ignore Larson and take the artifact which is possible. Whereas in TRC your playing the adventures how Lara's associates remember them not how Lara does so its possible that some of the events that take place are remembered incorrectly or even exaggerated for dramatic effect this could explain why Larson and Pierre died in TRC because maybe they didn't die or maybe it was 2 different men who are mistaken as Larson and Pierre which instead died that would make a lot more sense.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 08:24   #38
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Yessssss I would love to see TRC remade in next gen graphics <3
Old 18-07-19, 04:01   #39
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Remember as well with Chronicles that we weren't seeing the events played out as they actually would have, the stories were being told by Laras friends, who probably embellished some aspects .
Old 18-07-19, 16:33   #40
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCGaming View Post
I've thought of a plausible theory that could explain why they killed Larson and Pierre in both TR 1996 and TRC a couple of days ago I came up with this theory. In TR 1996 your playing in real time as part of Lara's experience and Lara Kills them for sure after several confrontations there can be no doubt of that unless you ignore Larson and take the artifact which is possible. Whereas in TRC your playing the adventures how Lara's associates remember them not how Lara does so its possible that some of the events that take place are remembered incorrectly or even exaggerated for dramatic effect this could explain why Larson and Pierre died in TRC because maybe they didn't die or maybe it was 2 different men who are mistaken as Larson and Pierre which instead died that would make a lot more sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Remember as well with Chronicles that we weren't seeing the events played out as they actually would have, the stories were being told by Laras friends, who probably embellished some aspects .
mmm... nyeh

I kinda get that narrative, but I think it's too glaring a contradiction for players to look at and just write it off as that.

I think that works in explaining why Chronicles' levels are a bit shorter and more simplified though, I'll give it that.