Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 11-04-21, 14:21   #31
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Low FPS? Do you have a potato PC or are you playing on the Switch? The Switch version at least has gyro aiming, even with aim assist, that should make combat easier. On PC the only way to get better FPS is to lower the settings.

Pretty early on I noticed that long distance combat is really effective! You don't even need a sniper rifle as purple or gold pistols are pretty strong sniping weapons. In one season you could unlock a Deadpool skin by doing certain challenges, one being that you had to deal damage with the pistol. In that season there were upgrade stations that let you upgrade your weapons to a higher tier. I always got a pistol, upgraded that and then basically used it as a sniper weapon. It was really effective!
No, my PC is okay, it's that I don't have a dedicated GPU (intel hd graphics lol) so at certain times I struggle with the FPS though I think I'm used to it. I already have all the tweaks like performance mode and other stuff aswell.

Sniper pistols? What? The handguns in this season have a huge range? well I think I remember I could land some shots from far away, and I really mean some, because the bullet spread in this game is just nuts sometimes.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 16:08   #32
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRager View Post
No, my PC is okay, it's that I don't have a dedicated GPU (intel hd graphics lol) so at certain times I struggle with the FPS though I think I'm used to it. I already have all the tweaks like performance mode and other stuff aswell.
Oh! That explains a lot. Aside from my gaming PC, I also have a laptop with an AMD CPU. Because of that it also has a Radeon GPU and while it's not a dedicated gaming GPU, it performs much better in games than Intel chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRager View Post
Sniper pistols? What? The handguns in this season have a huge range? well I think I remember I could land some shots from far away, and I really mean some, because the bullet spread in this game is just nuts sometimes.
I haven't used the pistols in the current season much, but the one with the Deadpool skin had a really good pistol! And mouse aiming can certainly turn pistols into sniper weapons. Yeah, bullet spread is a thing, but burst fire, ducking and not moving much helps quite a lot.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 19:32   #33
Cochrane
Golden

Ah, I remember Fortnite. I played a lot of it on my iPad last year. Then the whole Apple-Epic war started, so I stopped. A pity really, it was fun there (more fun than on my PC actually, which is why I haven't gone back).
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 20:21   #34
lcroft_lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post

And I just love the explosive bow. It's so damn effective and doesn't require precise aiming.
Dayum that flip! Wish the new TR has it!
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 18:16   #35
Tsarina

Aloy and Lara

Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 22:41   #36
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
Dayum that flip! Wish the new TR has it!
I thought that those flips were rather cringy in LAU, but I really appreciate that Epic put them into Fortnite and that they're the exact same moves as in Legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
Aloy and Lara
Cool! Aloy fits pretty well into the current season.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 23:36   #37
SrDanielPonces

omg the clothes look like are from the game itself and they just changed the face... honestly it looks weird hahah
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 04:14   #38
TombRager

in case anyone here plays this game, there will be a live event today at 4 PM ET. apparently there will be a huge mech fighting against an enemy faction in the game. there's actually a lot more depth to it but its just a way to put it considering how there is a lot of stuff that leaded up to this
Old 05-06-22, 06:11   #39
croftyboy

I started to play this game last year when Lara came, I've been playing ever since.

I really liked this event but it felt a bit short. It was about 10 minutes, I wish it was longer and more detailed.

I am excited about the next season. The trailers will be released in 1 hour I am waiting eagerly.
croftyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 23:01   #40
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by croftyboy View Post
I started to play this game last year when Lara came, I've been playing ever since.

I really liked this event but it felt a bit short. It was about 10 minutes, I wish it was longer and more detailed.

I am excited about the next season. The trailers will be released in 1 hour I am waiting eagerly.
i watched the event via a stream because i couldnt get in (xcloud servers pretty much died for me) and i really liked what i saw.

the new season is already here btw and it looks awesome so far. really love the chill vibes. just waiting for my controller to arrive so i can get to play it properly