Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 19-04-21, 18:52   #261
killchan

I don't know about X360, but to me the real isssue with PS3 isn't even whether or not they decide to close the store: it's that many PS3 games, some exclusive even , aren't even available for purchase on the store to this day

Some F.E.A.R. games, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, some Ninja Gainen games, the LAU collection.
Tomb Raider Underworld used to be unavailable for purchase on PSN up until ... I think 2015.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 19:25   #262
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04...ue-operations/

They're not closing down the PS3 and Vita stores... What a mess
Wise decision it was stupid of Sony to even think of shutting down PSN on PS3 and Vita, it was even more stupid of Sony to think of permanently cutting off access to the PS1 classics had Sony gone ahead with the shutdown they should have at least transferred the PS1 classics to the PS4 and PS5 PSN stores.

Hopefully it will be a long time before Sony try to do something so stupid and ill-advised again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
Now they can cancel that unnecessary TLOU remake.
I agree a TLOU remake seems unnecessary especially when the first game is still so recent, they should wait a long time before remaking it, it's too soon to be remaking the first game.

Sony should instead uncancel the cancelled sequel to Days Gone as long as they scrap the co-op play, not every game needs co-op and we've all seen how a game can be ruined by the unnecessary addition of co-op Dead Space 3 I'm looking at you.

One thing I would not like to see in the Days Gone sequel unnecessary trophies patched into the game that can only be unlocked when online on PS4, the best parts of Days Gone come from the single player not from trying to meet the requirements for the new trophies, moments like before Deke leads the assault on Colonel Garrett's island people from the 3 camps that Deke has helped decide to go with him.

Other favourite moments are when Deke took Boozer for a ride on his bike and when he got Boozer a puppy.

It was like that scene in Avatar where Jake made his speech getting all the Na'vi clans to fight with him against the sky people.

I never liked Colonel Garrett I couldn't take him seriously it doesn't help that he resembles Basil Fawlty, I kept expecting him to do the silly walk.

Apart from Colonel Garrett the only other thing that annoyed me in Days Gone was being called back to a camp that I had just left 30 seconds ago to be given a new mission, Deke has a radio just give him the mission info over the radio and stop wasting my time calling me back to a camp that I had just left.

Also Skizzo should have been left to die at the hands of a massive horde of freaks although I do agree with Deke that the freaks wouldn't enjoy his death, if it had been up to me Skizzo's death would have been as slow and extremely painful as possible.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 15:24   #263
DragonSlayer

I've got bad news and good news.

The bad news is Official PlayStation Magazine has ceased to exist, OPM which has been going for 25 years was the last officially licensed console magazine after Official Nintendo Magazine closed in October 2014 and Official Xbox Magazine closed in March 2020.

The good news is that a new magazine called Play will take the place of Official PlayStation Magazine, the same team that made Official PlayStation Magazine will be making the new magazine.

I'm going to miss OPM I've been reading it since the nineties.

OPM is the latest in a long line of video game magazines to close down, magazines like GamesMaster, GAMES, PSM3, PlayStation World aka PSW and a magazine called Play which is not related to the new Play magazine.

I really miss PSM3 which I'd been reading since the PSM2 days, I really miss GamesMaster too.

Oddly there is no mention of OPM closing down on the magazine's official Twitter and Facebook pages, I only found out by chance last night when googling something else.
Old 03-05-21, 10:53   #264
Mek

Returnal was released last Friday and there have been numerous reviews since that day. They were very positive, I am quite surprised, it looks like it is a hit. There are 91 reviews on Metacritic which include 9 with the perfect mark. Currently the metascore is 86. However, I don't know if the sales were high. As Returnal turned out good and its gameplay is somewhat unique, probably I'll play it some day, but this month I am going to play Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 22:06   #265
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I've got bad news and good news.

The bad news is Official PlayStation Magazine has ceased to exist, OPM which has been going for 25 years was the last officially licensed console magazine after Official Nintendo Magazine closed in October 2014 and Official Xbox Magazine closed in March 2020.

The good news is that a new magazine called Play will take the place of Official PlayStation Magazine, the same team that made Official PlayStation Magazine will be making the new magazine.

I'm going to miss OPM I've been reading it since the nineties.

OPM is the latest in a long line of video game magazines to close down, magazines like GamesMaster, GAMES, PSM3, PlayStation World aka PSW and a magazine called Play which is not related to the new Play magazine.

I really miss PSM3 which I'd been reading since the PSM2 days, I really miss GamesMaster too.

Oddly there is no mention of OPM closing down on the magazine's official Twitter and Facebook pages, I only found out by chance last night when googling something else.
There was a magazine called Play years ago (just checked, it's the same one OPM has taken over the brand). It was always better than OPM which was far too overpriced imo.

GAMES was by far the best magazine for all round quality coverage off all platforms. I was sad that went out of print in 2018.

Last edited by jajay119; 03-05-21 at 22:12.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-21, 18:17   #266
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
There was a magazine called Play years ago (just checked, it's the same one OPM has taken over the brand). It was always better than OPM which was far too overpriced imo.

GAMES was by far the best magazine for all round quality coverage off all platforms. I was sad that went out of print in 2018.
I miss Gamesmaster, PSM3, PSW, GAMES and Official PlayStation Magazine even though OPM really hasn't gone away it's just been renamed.

AFAIK the Play magazine from a few years ago stopped the physical edition and went digital only I don't know if the original Play magazine is still around as I didn't bother subscribing to the digital edition.

While looking up gaming news online is convenient nothing beats reading a videogames magazine.

While I was looking for something earlier I found something that I cut from a magazine years ago that said a special memory card adapter for the PS3 existed.

Did this adapter really exist as I never saw one in the shops after the PS3 was released, it would have been great if I could have gotten the adapter as some PS2 games are unplayable without a memory card like The Sims Bustin Out.

There should have been a memory card slot on the PS3 and could easily have sacrificed one of the four USB slots on the first generation PS3, it would have been useful for places that didn't sell the adapter.

It wouldn't be the first time that something you can use hasn't been made available, in the manual for Final Fantasy 8 there is a reference to something called a PocketStation which was never released outside Japan, I think that the PocketStation was to be used in the Chocobo Forests, without a PocketStation it would be impossible to get a baby Chocobo, I forget which Final Fantasy game referred to baby Chocobos as Chicobos.
Old 25-05-21, 14:03   #267
xdesperado_

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown is being released exclusively for the PS4 on June 1st.

xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-21, 07:21   #268
Mani_Man

Man, imagine trying to get back into the Beat em Up scene with a game from 2007.
What the hell do they think?

But it reminded me why the series died despite a cool Gameplay.
Outside of Wolf and Jeffry, the roster is so incredible boring imo.
The series has no identity outside of its Gameplay.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-21, 10:43   #269
xdesperado_

VF5 has become the GTAV of fighting games.

I have to admit I never really got into VF properly, I was more into Tekken & DOA. But I've been eyeing VF5 for quite some time.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-21, 18:05   #270
rewak

The Medium is getting a PS5 release in September, just in case there's anyone on that system who actually wants to play it
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote