www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 14-11-20, 20:35   #241
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

There could be a number of reasons as to why Tomb Raider is a slow burner.

You have to look at the release windows; if I can remember Tomb Raider was released in March 13, no other big titles were released around that time were as Rise was released on the same day as Fallout 4 and Shadow was up against Spider-Man, two big titles.

You then have to look at the promotional side of the games. Tomb Raider was literally EVERYWHERE, I’d even go as far an say they over promoted the game for me. I felt like certain major scenes were spoilt for me in the lead up to the game. Rise, had mediocre promotion but it’s not secret Microsoft spent more promoting Fallout. Shadow, had virtually none. 2 trailers and a few after release plus it’s been on every sale PSN has had since release.
Old 14-11-20, 21:02   #242
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

These are great points. Also take into account that the social media presence is quite pathetic. It took CD and Square to have an epic fail of a game to actually interact with their fan base. The Avengers page is constantly tweeting when TR has done way better in the same amount of time.
Old 15-11-20, 00:27   #243
larafan25
Sage

Cool feature of the game to add back from TR2:

There are two birds flying towards you, you draw your pistols and hold the 'fire' button to attack the first bird, meanwhile the other bird increases it's speed and is soon closer to attack than the first bird- the player must release the 'fire' button and then re-press to manually automatically re-target the incoming threat. ALL in real time. Stop it.

It's a thought <3 <3 <3
Old 15-11-20, 01:22   #244
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
There could be a number of reasons as to why Tomb Raider is a slow burner.

You have to look at the release windows; if I can remember Tomb Raider was released in March 13, no other big titles were released around that time were as Rise was released on the same day as Fallout 4 and Shadow was up against Spider-Man, two big titles.

You then have to look at the promotional side of the games. Tomb Raider was literally EVERYWHERE, I’d even go as far an say they over promoted the game for me. I felt like certain major scenes were spoilt for me in the lead up to the game. Rise, had mediocre promotion but it’s not secret Microsoft spent more promoting Fallout. Shadow, had virtually none. 2 trailers and a few after release plus it’s been on every sale PSN has had since release.
Not to mention Tomb Raider benefited from a cross gen port. The move from 7 million sales to 11 million seems to be mainly attributed to that. Take that away and all the games sell about 7 million which is not a bad number. Its not Sony exclusive level of sales but there are series that do the same numbers are deemed successful and there are ones that even do worse.