Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 20-11-20, 02:04   #34471
Yuna´s Wish

Yup. And I love that mess. It's trolling you from start to finish.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 06:35   #34472
michaeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Code Veronica is the only game in the series I'd be okay with them streamlining or expanding. While I enjoying playing Code Veronica, it's a mess.
I just had vietnam flashbacks

"THE SELF DESTRUCT SYSTEM HAS BEEN....
ACTIVATED...
ALL PERSONEL- EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY"

on loop for 10 minutes as I'm trying to work out where I'm backracking to and solving puzzles.

Last edited by michaeldt; 20-11-20 at 06:36.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 08:14   #34473
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
So no Outbreak
?

Outbreak is in the chart

EDIT

wait , no... it's called outrage...?

The thing is , Japanese people don't know English. Even worse, they refuse to learn it for what it is, unless they really have to.
They don't use western alphabeth: they use theirs to reproduce the sound that they THINK represents the word, and needless to say it's never accurate.
And because they do this with writings, they end up pronouncing foreign words in a really weird way.

For example, アウトレイ ジ reads "A u to re i" and then "ji", but OUTRAGE should have been アウトレイジ

Outbreak, the English word, is アウトブレイク , A u to B(u) Re I K(u) .
It looks similar and , being this a very internal document, chances are the guy who write this file wanted to type outbreak instead of outra-ge . or maybe not , we'll see

Last edited by tlr online; 20-11-20 at 17:25. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 11:31   #34474
Swiz19

I hope hope hope its outbreak. I have a feeling it will be, because from what I remember about from a leak was Resistance being conceived as outbreak but they went down a different path.

Then once resistance details came out, the public were clamoring for outbreak. Capcom would be stupid not to listen, especially since they can already recycle so much of the assets from re2 and 3 remake.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 13:21   #34475
matrix54

Outbreak was ahead of it's time. How outbreak was designed specifically was excellent. Add in a few more random elements to make it fun to play repeatedly and just ship it.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 14:12   #34476
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
So no Outbreak
I'd be ok without there being another Outbreak game.

The companions AI was beyond broken, none of them could follow a simple command instead of doing what I told them to do they would just run away get cornered by a zombie and needed to be very frequently saved from their own stupidity.

In the pub I would order them to barricade the door with a barrel to keep the Zombies from getting in and they would just run away and I'd be like you had one job put the barrel in front of the door to keep the Zombies out is that so much to ask for, for sake.

Plus it was stupid that for a game that incorporated co-op online for that feature to be disabled for the European version of the game, why design a game centered around online co-op then deliberately disable the games only noteworthy feature.

The PS2 wasn't exactly known for online play, how many PS2 games featured online play I can only think of one game which I have never played Socom, I only know about Socom because I remember the ad on TV showing several guys complaining about someone not playing the game before it was revealed that the guy not playing the game was looking at two hot women rubbing sun tan cream on each other.

Even though the PS2 was built with online play in mind it just wasn't practical because of 1 no super fast broadband which is required for online play and which wouldn't work without Broadband, 2 very few PS2 games featured online play and 3 an extra part most likely a hard drive sold separately was required for online play, a part which was never for sale in any of the GAME shops we used to have here.

Just out of curiosity and for the first and only time I had a look at the PS2S expansion bay and opened it up to have a look inside.

Also wasn't dial-up still a thing back when the PS2 first came out, if any PS2 games had online play that worked back then, imagine having to listen to the dial-up screeching every time someone wanted to play online.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 17:16   #34477
Swiz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
So basically the game was well before its time and could most definitely use a remaster/remake? Because its not like the concept has really been done again, I dont know of any other coop 4 player horror game that incorporates puzzles and exploration so well all while keeping the game so incredibly creepy within an online environment. Hence why so many people want it to be done again.

Either way, whether its called Outbreak or Outrage, Capcom know what they're doing; naming a game Outrage is so incredibly similar to Outbreak is simply not a coincidence. Its either a spiritual successor (which is basically the same as calling it a sequel...) or its a remaster of the old game that they just decided to rename for marketing purposes. Stress less people, it'd would be incredibly stupid calling it almost the same as Outbreak when Capcom know people have been begging for a sequel for the past 15 years, which became even more apparent after the disappointment that was Resistance.
Old 20-11-20, 18:18   #34478
trfan16

I would kill for an Outbreak remaster/remake/sequel. My biggest request would be to release all of the unused scenarios and content. I believe the original Outbreak game was supposed to have 15-20 scenarios, but they were probably cut for future sequels, which is why all of the File 2 NPCs are still included with File 1's data. Unfortunately, File 2 had a pretty poor financial performance and the other unused content never saw the light of day outside of hacking.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 18:36   #34479
rewak

ROEs interview with Alyson Court has info on cut Outbreak scenarios since she actually worked on them, it's worth a listen

Remember though these names are most likely codenames, not the actual titles of the games themselves. Resistance had the codename Highway so don't take them at face value.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 18:39   #34480
Swiz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
I would kill for an Outbreak remaster/remake/sequel. My biggest request would be to release all of the unused scenarios and content. I believe the original Outbreak game was supposed to have 15-20 scenarios, but they were probably cut for future sequels, which is why all of the File 2 NPCs are still included with File 1's data. Unfortunately, File 2 had a pretty poor financial performance and the other unused content never saw the light of day outside of hacking.
Thats probably why they're calling outrage instead of outbreak, so they are not restricted by previous characters and scenarios. This way we'll probably get new characters in new settings and reusing old ones (police station, subway, etc) which is fine by me.