Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 23-06-19, 16:46   #1
charmedangelin

Default Can't rebind controls?

Hey y'all it's been a while since I last played this game. Anyway I'm getting this error whenever I try to click on controls to change them. The game crashes and I get this error. ASSERTION: 'i < NUM_OPTIONS' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\frontend\menu.c(231)

I tried to google it, but I've only seen it happen to some people on steam. Anyone have any ideas what this could mean?
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 16:54   #2
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Hey y'all it's been a while since I last played this game. Anyway I'm getting this error whenever I try to click on controls to change them. The game crashes and I get this error. ASSERTION: 'i < NUM_OPTIONS' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\frontend\menu.c(231)

I tried to google it, but I've only seen it happen to some people on steam. Anyone have any ideas what this could mean?
First I've heard of this.

Is the game running in administrator mode?

Is FMV9 ticked in the launcher settings? I know apparently a few of the weird issues are caused by not having it ticked so maybe this is one of them?

If your version isn't digital, is it patched?

Last edited by Samz; 23-06-19 at 16:59.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 17:21   #3
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
First I've heard of this.

Is the game running in administrator mode?

Is FMV9 ticked in the launcher settings? I know apparently a few of the weird issues are caused by not having it ticked so maybe this is one of them?

If your version isn't digital, is it patched?
Yeah I have the latest patches and made sure VMR9 is ticked. I'll try to run it in administration mode.
Old 23-06-19, 18:09   #4
Samz

Quote:
Yeah I have the latest patches and made sure VMR9 is ticked. I'll try to run it in administration mode.
Does it happen for a specific key?
Old 23-06-19, 18:12   #5
nakamichi680

I've noticed that this bug occurs if you have entered the load game/save game menus before going to the controls section.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 18:32   #6
charmedangelin

Oops double post

Last edited by charmedangelin; 23-06-19 at 18:34.
Old 23-06-19, 18:34   #7
charmedangelin

Quote:
Does it happen for a specific key?
No, I can't even get into the menu. Right when I click on controls the game crashes and gives that error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
I've noticed that this bug occurs if you have entered the load game/save game menus before going to the controls section.
Interesting, I tried going into the controls menu as soon as the game boots and it still crashes. Currently on version 52 of the game. I've tried the fan patch which undated it to version 55 and it still happens.

I mean I can still play the game with the controls as they are, but it's just a strange bug.
Old 23-06-19, 19:21   #8
Samz

Quote:
No, I can't even get into the menu. Right when I click on controls the game crashes and gives that error.

Interesting, I tried going into the controls menu as soon as the game boots and it still crashes. Currently on version 52 of the game. I've tried the fan patch which undated it to version 55 and it still happens.

I mean I can still play the game with the controls as they are, but it's just a strange bug.
Is only your keyboard enabled in the launcher options? have you changed keyboard since last time you played?
Old 23-06-19, 19:28   #9
charmedangelin

Quote:
Is only your keyboard enabled in the launcher options? have you changed keyboard since last time you played?
Yeah it's enabled. I play on a gaming laptop. I made sure all other devices were disable, but the bug still happens for some reason.
Old 23-06-19, 19:43   #10
Samz

Quote:
Yeah it's enabled. I play on a gaming laptop. I made sure all other devices were disable, but the bug still happens for some reason.
Is it the "Keyboard" tab enabled or is there another one for your specific keyboard? not sure if it'll display differently on a laptop but for me, I have a generic "Keyboard" tab, that is enabled and another tab that's my actual keyboard type but its disabled.

I guess also try unticking VMR9.

Last edited by Samz; 23-06-19 at 20:03.