Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 18-01-20, 02:04   #1
Cat Woman

Default St. Francis Folly - Level 5

Opening the exit. The very tricky wall run and jump back to the standing structure . This is the same manoeuvre as in the Croft Manor for Artifact 7 in the gym. I tried this jump in the Croft Manor over and over and over and finally gave up. But, I tried this jump here and made it on the first try. Go figure.

- Thank goodness I made the rest of the jumps and didn’t have to do it again.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 13:33   #2
Maverin

Smile

This is a rather unique thread. Just you casually stating how you're playthrough is going.

I'd say keep us posted! I used to find those wall runs tricky myself but once I learned how to controle the camera properly, my problems disappeared.
There is another hard one in temple of khamoon I believe. Brace yourself
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 13:44   #3
CroftManiac05

The trickiest ones are at the Great Pyramid, where the grapple hooks are timed. The jumps must be perfectly timed.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 09:04   #4
TR1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post
The trickiest ones are at the Great Pyramid, where the grapple hooks are timed. The jumps must be perfectly timed.
Am I the only one who finds them easy? I feel like the secret in the City of Khamoon was more difficult to reach with the grapple.
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 09:28   #5
CroftManiac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Am I the only one who finds them easy?
Yeah they are not hard, but since the OP had some difficulties with it, it's gonna be even more difficult for him/her with the timed jumps.

Quote:
I feel like the secret in the City of Khamoon was more difficult to reach with the grapple.
You mean this little bastard?

I hated and loved that part at the same time
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 20:22   #6
TR1249

For someone who's not good with them, I understand the frustration

No (but that one was annoying too ) I talked about the one in the room, where you open the trapdoor to let the sand fall through it.
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 23:06   #7
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
The OP is going to have nightmares in this section...

*Beginning of SPOILERS*
You’ll need to shoot at buttons (a la Croft Manor - Library Room) to extend timed grappling rings and ledges to stand on from the walls, all while flying mutants distract you and waste your time. One bump and poor Lara falls to the lava down below. A second late, and the grappling ring retracts, dumping poor Lara to the lava down below. Not fast enough and the floor beneath begins to retread, ultimately dumping poor Lara to the lava down below. Truly a nightmare for newbies.
*End of SPOILERS*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Am I the only one who finds them easy?
You’re not the only one. Mini SMGs do the job against those flying mutants, and the camera is your best ally if you know how to control it.
Quote:
Yeah they are not hard, but since the OP had some difficulties with it, it's gonna be even more difficult for him/her with the timed jumps.
I’d love it if the OP posts experiences of those particular jumps in the future. I’ll wait.... excitedly!

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 20-01-20 at 17:45.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 16:39   #8
Cat Woman

For those who finished the game and/or playing the game. I finished St. Francis Folly and on to The Coliseum. That loooong cable jump to the Artifact ( had to do that a couple of times even after I got the Artifact lol); the step and slide jump to the next ledge; the jump before the Spectator’s Box. If you miss any of these- back to the Balcony Roof. NO checkpoints. At Midas’s Palace. Actually got through the long jump to the Relic; the timed and slope jumps,etc. to the lead bar. Stuck after the climb to the large medipack.

Options: 1) wall run and jump to the protruding block. Tried the camera at the wall and behind her. Not grabbing the block. 2) jump lower and move along and jump to the hanging rope and to the column. Not getting the column. Any suggestions on which option is better? NOTE. Found out I was trying to jump to the wrong column. It’s the one closest to the wall.

Yes Tomb Raidering - I remember The great Pyramid- way back when I first played TRA. Seems to me I posted way back then that I was able to jump directly to the grapples from the front of the ledges? Guess I’ll find out if it works this time when I finally get there. lol

Last edited by Cat Woman; 25-01-20 at 03:15. Reason: Updated in case someone else at the same location.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote