www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 02-05-21, 20:02   #41
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
I disagree, much of the tomb raider appeal is in its 90s roots, the walkmen, the round glasses and the colour palette of the classic games just scream 90s, and i feel like CD should take advantage of that on the next game, give lara a walkman, so the player can listen to 90s music while raiding tombs for example and all that jazz.
It really was, and I think a revival and reinvention of the retro 90's camp vibe CAN be done successfully, and should. But I can't see Lara unironically running around with a sony yellow and black walkman lol. Would be ****ing awesome as a pickup item that Lara gets a message from in an FMV. OR a flashback of Lara's mom going on a run with the walkman in the 90's in very classic Lara reminiscent clothes, for a scene of exposition where an event happens and she drops it, and Lara finds it later. And maybe Lara can be influenced by her mothers workout shorts and leotard and take that as inspiration to finally devise her classic outfit.
Old 08-05-21, 19:18   #42
SSfox
Hobbyist

A high-tech costume for a level or two, or even three why not, like let's say 15-20% of an entire game, she has to wear that for some reasons to achieve what she want to achieve in that moment, but for an entire game hum not really imo.
SSfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 16:55   #43
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfox View Post
A high-tech costume for a level or two, or even three why not, like let's say 15-20% of an entire game, she has to wear that for some reasons to achieve what she want to achieve in that moment, but for an entire game hum not really imo.
I'll take it. Sold!
Old 12-05-21, 20:34   #44
pharaea
Historian

I wouldn't mind her wearing a catsuit for a level or two (sort of like she did in TRV), but she's not a superhero. If anything she's a villain with a gucci belt and a vague set of morals. She's not there to protect and serve. Lara has always been slightly deranged and extremely opportunistic, never mind egotistical, and giving her a superhero costume would give her power she does not need

Lara Croft lives off spite and spite alone. That's her superhero costume
Old 12-05-21, 22:12   #45
SSfox
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
I disagree, much of the tomb raider appeal is in its 90s roots, the walkmen, the round glasses and the colour palette of the classic games just scream 90s, and i feel like CD should take advantage of that on the next game, give lara a walkman, so the player can listen to 90s music while raiding tombs for example and all that jazz.

MGS has something similar in some games, but i dunno.. it may look a bit too silly in TR?

Or maybe it could be something unlockable by finishing the game and you can use in NG+.

But not sure about that, what make TR exploration is the silent vibe that build that special atmosphere, and sometimes you have a music that pop when there is a special moment in the game, like when you just resolved a very complexe enigma, find a treasure or a relique, got surprised by a trap, those are special moments and walkman music would take away that very strong aspect of the franchise from the game i think.
SSfox is offline   Reply With Quote