Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 19-01-09, 06:21   #111
meta2tr

btw you don't have to hide textures when editing lighting, but it helps.

To hide a texture, located the bmp file that has the texture you want to hide. Then change the file name of the bmp file, so that MetaSequoia can't find it.

As for the lighting staying fixed on the object despite you moving the highlight on the sphere, I need to check. I'll get back to you about this.
meta2tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 06:46   #112
Angelina Jolie
Inactive

Thanks for your help meta2tr
Definitely the problem is that lighting is locked, since even after changing the name, and meta untexture the object, after moving the sphere, lighting does not change.
Angelina Jolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 13:42   #113
Ashandmisty

This program is pretty amazing. I use it for mostly smoothing the ground and maybe adding in a few details.

Great work!
Ashandmisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 16:10   #114
kaufi-lc

Meta2TR is really cool. But is there a way to extroduce the faces and uvmap them?
kaufi-lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 21:24   #115
meta2tr

It's easy to unfix lighting but it can create other problems, I will explain how to do it first, then how to avoid the problems.

- First, go to the menu Panel, make sure "Material Panel" is ticked, if it is then you can see the Tiles listed in the materials panel.
- Next find the Tile in the list that has the textures of the mesh you need to relight. Double-click on it. This opens the Materials dialog (like this).
- Untick "Vertex Color" and change shader to "Classic".
- Click OK. The lighting has now been unfixed on any faces textured with this tile.
- Continue with any other faces whose lighting you want to unfix.
Now you can use the sphere to change the light direction as you want.

So here is the pitfall. Unfixing a tile's lighting affects all faces textured with that tile. For example, if you have an object in a room, like the sphere here, when you unfix the lighting on the sphere, this will unfix the lighting in parts of the room too.

The solution is to isolate the faces you want to relight to a separate MetaSequoia file, relight them from there, then remerge them into the room.

Good luck

EDIT if you just want to add shadows to your room, it's easier just to darken the vertices using "VClr", for example, like on the edge of the hole in this image. If you want specific shadow shapes on the ground, you can use "Knife" to cut the shape you want and darken the faces in the shape.

Last edited by meta2tr; 29-12-11 at 10:24. Reason: Updated links
Old 19-01-09, 21:45   #116
meta2tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufi-lc View Post
Meta2TR is really cool. But is there a way to extroduce the faces and uvmap them?
I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean add faces to a room and then uvmap textures to them?
Old 19-01-09, 21:59   #117
Dustie

It's too bad you need to work on finished TR4 files, but I suppose it could couse problems in LE if we tried modifying the PRJ files...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 22:15   #118
Angelina Jolie
Inactive

Thanks Meta2TR!!! Thank you very much!! Fixed!

Now I have a second problem, and I cant continue without solving it.

I want to texture a 4 vertex face. Great, but after Texturing it. I clicked in UNIFY.

And all four vertex became 1 single vertex. I kept building since I did not know that it was a problem.

Now I know that i textured wrong, how do i separate de 4 again? I clicked in SEPARATE, but just in this case, it did not work.

Here's the first image, as it was and then they became 1: Now, cant get it back.

EDIT:

Here's the real case:

Last edited by Angelina Jolie; 19-01-09 at 22:18.
Angelina Jolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 22:16   #119
meta2tr

Dustie, I wish there was a way of doing all this directly in the editor, it would be so much better. But it would require lots of changes to the editor and the tom2pc program. I doubt it will happen.

Last edited by meta2tr; 19-01-09 at 22:17.
Old 19-01-09, 22:19   #120
meta2tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina Jolie View Post
Thanks Meta2TR!!! Thank you very much!! Fixed!

Now I have a second problem, and I cant continue without solving it.

I want to texture a 4 vertex face. Great, but after Texturing it. I clicked in UNIFY.

And all four vertex became 1 single vertex. I kept building since I did not know that it was a problem.

Now I know that i textured wrong, how do i separate de 4 again? I clicked in SEPARATE, but just in this case, it did not work.

Here's the first image, as it was and then they became 1: Now, cant get it back.
Did you try Undo in the Edit menu ?