Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 19-02-19, 05:03   #2991
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Silent Hill 2 (HD Collection)

Playing on Xbox One, it all looked fine to me. Well, there was a bug during the cutscene when you first meet Maria where the fog disabled, and the water looked a little funky, but apart from that I didn't notice anything wrong at all. Plenty of fog, no framerate stuttering, no weird bugs, not what I remember of HD Collection from trying it at release. Don't know if they fixed things up a little when they added it to Xbox One or if I just had a good run? I played with the new voices and I liked most of them, Eddie was the weakest but the rest were fine. Not an improvement on the originals, just a decent alternate. Gonna try SH3 next, been a long time since I played through that one.
While I won't excuse the HD ports of Silent Hills 2 and 3, and I think they're a god awful abomination, they're not unplayable. They were my first experience with the series, and I couldn't see any huge difference at first.

But if you play them side by side the differences are apparent. Entire effects like depth of field are missing from some scenes. Textures have been replaced and not with better ones. Lighting effects in certain scenes are broken. Some rooms and textures have been colour corrected and the results aren't flattering.

Not unplayably broken, but not good. At all.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 05:32   #2992
GnautKrax

What Remains of Edith Finch. Pretty good, this offspring of the "long-dead" adventure game and the walking simulator (read, Dear Esther).

I'm stuck in Layers of Fear (in the nightmarish chasm/study where you're supposed to use the phone, but apparently not call the number on the painting a second time - what did I promise?!).
GnautKrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 07:44   #2993
moodydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnautKrax View Post
What Remains of Edith Finch. Pretty good, this offspring of the "long-dead" adventure game and the walking simulator (read, Dear Esther).

It was pretty good! Quite sad!

I just completed Metro 2033 Redux. I've never experienced a game so smooth on the PS4. That is how a game should be done!
Started Metro Last Light Redux immediately after, how to think it was originally a last gen game, looks and plays incredibly well.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 18:07   #2994
rewak

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
While I won't excuse the HD ports of Silent Hills 2 and 3, and I think they're a god awful abomination, they're not unplayable. They were my first experience with the series, and I couldn't see any huge difference at first.

But if you play them side by side the differences are apparent. Entire effects like depth of field are missing from some scenes. Textures have been replaced and not with better ones. Lighting effects in certain scenes are broken. Some rooms and textures have been colour corrected and the results aren't flattering.

Not unplayably broken, but not good. At all.
I played through SH3 now and there were more issues in that game, missing or wrong SFX/Music, depth of field being messed up in some cutscenes making everything blurred, complete lack of ambient fog, it's obvious they didn't have the finished source to hand for that game. SH2 though, yeah they've changed some of it for the worse and it's still not how I would recommend someone first experience it, but they have obviously tweaked it for Xbox One which has improved it and made it at least an option if you don't have a PS2 or can't find the PC version. Compared to trying to play the Xbox version on 360 it's way better. For SH2 I think it's alright, not so much SH3.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 23:07   #2995
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I played through SH3 now and there were more issues in that game, missing or wrong SFX/Music, depth of field being messed up in some cutscenes making everything blurred, complete lack of ambient fog, it's obvious they didn't have the finished source to hand for that game. SH2 though, yeah they've changed some of it for the worse and it's still not how I would recommend someone first experience it, but they have obviously tweaked it for Xbox One which has improved it and made it at least an option if you don't have a PS2 or can't find the PC version. Compared to trying to play the Xbox version on 360 it's way better. For SH2 I think it's alright, not so much SH3.
I do remember seeing Xbox 360 players complain that SH3 was horribly bugged. I don't think it was ever patched.

I played on PS3. Now I use PS2 with component cables. Looks way better than the supposedly "HD" versions.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-19, 00:06   #2996
Ms.LaraCroft

Spider-Man ps4. The game is so beautiful.
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 18:45   #2997
Jami393

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD

A great game and one I sadly missed with its original release. Now I'm one step closer to Kingdom Hearts 3.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 00:38   #2998
Yuna´s Wish

Resident Evil: Nemesis

I think they'll have a hard time remaking this.

7/10

I love the water sample puzzle, and the "random" enemies. I despise the Past, Present and Future puzzle, and the pushing puzzle with Carlos.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 00:55   #2999
Athukraz

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the Serpent's Heart DLC

10/10 must buy.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 02:54   #3000
johnanonymouz

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote