Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 23-02-19, 04:17   #21
lance6439

Since Rosanne was brought up (only reason why this Thea’s was made) let’s check on how she’s been. Has she changed at all since a year ago?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...788891648?s=21

Nope. Still a racist hack. On the topic of Jessie:
https://twitter.com/tmz/status/1098983309755990016?s=21
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 07:38   #22
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Not true, he has been suspended from the show not fired.

It's insane that Rosanne makes a few tweets and gets snatched from her show, but Fox is going to great lengths to keep him on it.
You're acting like there's some universal decision being made. ABC dropped Rosanne, and Fox suspended Jussie, they're just different companies dealing with problems in different ways.

It's possible that Rosanne got harsher treatment because Disney owns ABC, and they are particularly concerned with maintaining a family friendly image. Perhaps Fox have different priorities. We really can't know what goes on in those board rooms, but in most situations the company is really only concerned with if a decision will make them gain or lose money.

Fox is making their bet, and we'll see how it works out.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 14:23   #23
Costel

Jussie decides to go buy food from subway in Chicago in the winter at 2 in the morning at -21 degrees instead of ordering food at home via his phone. That sandwich in the subway must be very delicious.

„2 white people„ have found or invented a bleach that not freeze at -21 degrees

Jussie pays with a check for something illegal
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 14:24   #24
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
He's now trying to pass it off with "I have an untreated drug problem"
How does it go? Being whacked out on drugs doesn't give you a free pass for being a racist scumbag?
Especially when it's something planned out like this.
Did not Roseanne blame her Ambien?

At any rate, I do feel sorry for the guy, but that in no way mitigates my desire to see him lose for this stunt.

People who already ignore and downplay actual hate crimes are going to use this instance to ignore them even more, forgetting the fact that it was revealed to be a hoax because of police investigation, which happens with all crimes.
Dennis's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 16:02   #25
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
Did not Roseanne blame her Ambien?

At any rate, I do feel sorry for the guy, but that in no way mitigates my desire to see him lose for this stunt.

People who already ignore and downplay actual hate crimes are going to use this instance to ignore them even more, forgetting the fact that it was revealed to be a hoax because of police investigation, which happens with all crimes.
Exactly, why should that excuse work for him if it didn't work for her?

What reason could people possibly have to feel sorry for him? Not only is this going to do exactly what you said, in its nature it is racist. If he had got his way with this it would have ignited further racial tension in America and even here towards white people and throw further gasoline on what is already a bad situation.

This wasn't an accident or a lapse in judgement. He took the time to maliciously plan this out for personal glory and was happy to throw black people, white people, homosexuals and the time and resources of the police under the bus for it and all of the above have every right to hate him right now.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 21:24   #26
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
Maybe they should do a real-life "Running Man" type of show with him.

Drop him smack-dab in the middle of the state of Mississippi, and tell all the white rednecks down there that whoever bags him gets a million bucks from the studio.

There's plenty of black folks living there too, who can help him out. So it might get interesting.

If he gets to the state line in 96 hours, he gets a million bucks, a free pass for his misdeeds, and he's back on the show.

He'll need some kind of camera with a burst transmitter so he can upload video of himself running, maybe twice a day he should be required to send some video clips.
Gross.

This is gross too, for that matter.

You know, when the news first came that Smollett had allegedly been assaulted, I thought it seemed fake - not because I don't think there are racist homophobes out there, but because of the context.

It's unfortunate that it turned out this way in the end, then - but I'm glad he got sussed out on his lie and is being renounced for it.

I just hate to think this incident will be used in the vein of that disgusting, so-called argument, "let's assume all cases of rape are faked because some have been in the past", you know?

Who's ever to say what's enough punishment for anything, though. I'm not going to speak on that, personally.

Last edited by tomblover; 23-02-19 at 21:29.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-19, 14:35   #27
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
What reason could people possibly have to feel sorry for him?
I am by nature empathetic to people in pain, even if they manifest their pain in horrible ways.

Because just maybe, if more people were empathic to people in pain they wouldn't eventually do desperate, stupid and destructive ****. *shrugs*

Ultimately, the people who choose to take this one incident and downplay everything else are the real problem. They CHOOSE to disbelieve because they are insecure and prejudiced people who think if other people are treated equally that they lose power and authority they have considered theirs by right.

Smollett, IMO, is damage neutral. The people who believe victims will continue to believe victims until the investigation shows otherwise, and people who leap on misdeeds by Others as proof it's all fake while making excuses for or ignoring the increasing danger from white nationalists will continue to do so.

Mark my words: Smollett will probably never work again in any high profile capacity, while Louis C.K., et al., are already starting phase two. Minorities pay much higher prices for these kinds of offenses. Don't mention Roseanne: that was not her first time comparing a black woman to an ape. She did it in 2013 (as well as other questionable tweets) and still got a new TV series.

Last edited by Dennis's Mom; 24-02-19 at 14:37.
Dennis's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-19, 17:31   #28
lance6439

No jail time for all the white peoppe who called the police on children and innocent blacks people. No jail time or punishment for this girl who said 3 black men raped her.

No Prison For Texas Teen Who Lied About Being Raped By 3 Black Men
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b03a8f3a22f390

Society really hates black peoope and LGBTQ huh.
Old 24-02-19, 21:06   #29
johnanonymouz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
No jail time for all the white peoppe who called the police on children and innocent blacks people. No jail time or punishment for this girl who said 3 black men raped her.

No Prison For Texas Teen Who Lied About Being Raped By 3 Black Men
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b03a8f3a22f390

Society really hates black peoope and LGBTQ huh.
will it ever stop? at this point, i doubt it.........
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-19, 21:16   #30
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
will it ever stop? at this point, i doubt it.........
It’s been happening since forever. But the moment a gay black man dealing with drug issues does it, it’s the worst thing to ever happen. Black people and LGBTQ will always never have a voice when it comes to these situations. And when we speak up, we are met with skepticism. Which is why we end up just being silenced. Not because it’s choice but it’s because nothing will be done.