Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 28-10-16, 17:55   #1
EQuartermain

Default how much

does any one remember how much this game was when it came out
EQuartermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-16, 18:03   #2
Tyrant_Lizard

Game prices haven't really changed in the past 15 years, 99% sure this will have been £34.99.
Tyrant_Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 06:14   #3
trfansince96

Brand new PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games were $49.99 and went up to $59.99 when PlayStation 3 came out. I remember being so annoyed about it because I'm cheap when it comes to video games; I try my hardest to get them as cheap as possible.
trfansince96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 18:09   #4
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

i wouldn't pay 20 for this game .... 40 is too much .... glad i wasn't born
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 23:33   #5
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraiderplay View Post
i wouldn't pay 20 for this game .... 40 is too much .... glad i wasn't born
Exactly. You weren't born.
That's like your kids in the future calling you weird for paying full price for RotTR.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-16, 01:50   #6
fallenangle

I'm sure as chips are chips that I didn't pay £34.99. That was the recommended retail price and place like GAME/EB typically sold new PS games at £29.99 and used, recently released games at £24.99. The latter is what I believe I paid for it a few months after its official release.

Later in Platinum version it would have been £19.99 new and when used, traded in copies of that appeared on the GAME shelves they usually started those off at £14.99.

You could get some ridiculous price anomalies at GAME, probably still do, where good condition used copies of the original release were being sold cheaper than new Platinum versions. Sometimes they were even less (£9.99) than the used Platinum versions if there was a significant time gap between the original and Platinum release.

Always paid to go through the shelves back then because there were bargains to be had.

What I can't remember for sure is what I paid for the DC (PAL) version. I do think I may have got that pretty cheap (£7.99?) after the DC was cancelled. GAME sold off all their DC stuff in a very short time and I bought a backup DC + keyboard & mouse (all boxed) along with a handfull of games which I think included TR4 all for under £50.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-16, 03:15   #7
ThatSassyKid

^ Were the platinum versions cheaper than the originals? I've always wondered that.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-16, 04:44   #8
charmedangelin

Yup it was $49.99 when it came out on PS1.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-16, 13:07   #9
fallenangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
^ Were the platinum versions cheaper than the originals? I've always wondered that.
Yes, as sold in GAME when Platinum versions were first released the typical price they charged was just under that price sweet point: £20. That's always what I was looking for.

There may have been a recommended retail price above that, possibly £24.99 as Sony loved ripping us UK gamers off. Their US pricing for the equivalent, Greatest Hits, version, was $24.99 but even then that was sold in the shops more typically for $19.99.

Because of this pricing discrimination and the then £/$ exchange rate (close to £1 = $2 at one point) it was actually possible to import all the US NTSC versions cheaper (and earlier) even with UK import duties. Sony were actually fueling these 'grey' imports with their UK/EU pricing policy, whilst whinging and even taking legal action to try and stop it.

Last edited by fallenangle; 30-10-16 at 23:47.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-16, 15:31   #10
Jewlz420

i got this game for xmas when i was a kid so i dont remember if there was a prie tag on it or not..
Jewlz420 is offline   Reply With Quote