Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 25-08-17, 17:46   #2741
CerebralAssassin

Damn...don't know where to begin....it's been a while folks!

First of all...speedy recovery to Ric Flair!I hope he "kicks out" of this ordeal (can't handle another loss...after the recent losses of Dallas McCarver and Rich Piana )

Let's see...what else...I have to say Braun Strowman is my new favorite wrestler.He stole the show at SS,manhandled Brock like nobody has done before,and overall is a great...what exactly?heel?face?He transcends these labels,which is why I like him a lot.I wish Vince pushed him down our throats instead of RR.(that sounded wrong,didn't it? )

...I'm not finished with you!!

Anyway,now Shelton Benjamin is back and Bobby Roode got called up.Both on Smackdown.

...And the women's division on SmackDown! is much better than it's Raw counterparts (no offense to Sasha or Bayley,they're great wrestlers,the storyline are just cheesy,remember that god awefuel "this is your life" segment? Oh God....I get nauseus just thinking about it...and kendo stick on a pole match?seriously?-_-), Natalya is now the champ, Naomi got a lengthy reign (deservedly so). Carmella is miss money in the bank,her and James Ellsworth have good chemistry,what more can anyone ask for?The division on SmackDown! seems really balanced and good.

Jinder Mahal...hmm.I have mixed feelings about him tbh.While I do consider him a good heel,he's improved quite a lot quickly,nevertheless I think he got the championship "too quickly".His push to the top just seemed rushed and artificial.I get why he was pushed...so Vince could sell more subscritptions in India. I fear this plan will backfire though.The Indians themselves aren't too fond of the "Modern day Maharaja".

oh...and Samoa Joe is no slouch either. He's tearing it up on Raw,very good on the mic.I was rooting for either him or BS to win at Summerslam.
CerebralAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-17, 13:43   #2742
tomee

Oh god, This is Your Life and Kendo Stick on a Pole match....
I'm a huge Alexa Bliss fan, I love her, I really do. But I just want to erase that week from my brain. By far one of the best microphone workers in the company right now and even she couldn't salvage that trainwreck of a segment. Thankfully creative didn't blame her one bit, according to reports. And then that match.. just why? Literally why couldn't they just have a regular kendo stick match...? Reportedly creative just wanted to be done with this storyline that's why they had Alexa squash Bayley, but that was still so puzzling.

I'm quoting this, in case somebody missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
After Summerslam and Raw they finally decided to ban beach balls from all WWE events. People in the audience on Smackdown were warned that they would be ejected from the building if security caught them trying to inflate a ball.

Took you long enough, WWE.

Edit: Asuka has relinquished her title! Apparently she sustained a collarbone injury at Takeover Brooklyn and she will be out for 6 to 8 weeks. She is expected to join the Raw brand very soon and continue her undefeated streak.

I think this is all a work (and a really cheap cop out actually), but nevertheless mad respect for Asuka. Four 4+ star matches this year alone and a legendary undefeated streak. She hasn't even stepped foot on the main roster and she's already a future Hall of Famer.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-17, 20:43   #2743
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralAssassin View Post
Damn...don't know where to begin....it's been a while folks!

First of all...speedy recovery to Ric Flair!I hope he "kicks out" of this ordeal (can't handle another loss...after the recent losses of Dallas McCarver and Rich Piana )
From what i have heard he is awake and things seem to be slightly better, but hes still not over the hill.
I hope he recovers.

Quote:
Let's see...what else...I have to say Braun Strowman is my new favorite wrestler.He stole the show at SS,manhandled Brock like nobody has done before,and overall is a great...what exactly?heel?face?He transcends these labels,which is why I like him a lot.I wish Vince pushed him down our throats instead of RR.(that sounded wrong,didn't it? )
...I'm not finished with you!!
Yeah, Strowman has become THE reason to watch Raw on mondays...he has become something to look forward and i hope they dont waste the potential with him for a lackluster WM match between Lesnar and Reigns.
Strowman needs the title.
Normally i dont like those big guys, but Strowman has learned so much over the last few months and has proven that he is not a typical big guy(Im still cheering the kip up he did in the big show match)

Quote:
Anyway,now Shelton Benjamin is back and Bobby Roode got called up.Both on Smackdown.
Yes and Yes...i just hope they make Roode a heel, he doesnt work as the good guy.

Quote:
...And the women's division on SmackDown! is much better than it's Raw counterparts (no offense to Sasha or Bayley,they're great wrestlers,the storyline are just cheesy,remember that god awefuel "this is your life" segment? Oh God....I get nauseus just thinking about it...and kendo stick on a pole match?seriously?-_-), Natalya is now the champ, Naomi got a lengthy reign (deservedly so). Carmella is miss money in the bank,her and James Ellsworth have good chemistry,what more can anyone ask for?The division on SmackDown! seems really balanced and good.
Yeah, Smackdowns woman seem to have it better...if i just look at how Raw destroyed Bayley and ruined her instead of making her a female version of John Cena.
Or Emma or Nia...Raw doesnt use the womans potential.

Smackdown is far from perfect...for example they completely erased all momentum that becky had and make her lose almost all her matches...but they do use them better.
That is why i hope that Asuka goes to Smackdown once she recovers.

Quote:
Jinder Mahal...hmm.I have mixed feelings about him tbh.While I do consider him a good heel,he's improved quite a lot quickly,nevertheless I think he got the championship "too quickly".His push to the top just seemed rushed and artificial.I get why he was pushed...so Vince could sell more subscritptions in India. I fear this plan will backfire though.The Indians themselves aren't too fond of the "Modern day Maharaja".
Yeah, you cant sell much subscriptions when you give them the "foreign evil bad guy" number.
I dont get why they havent done simply a guy who is neither the good nor the bad guy, someone who simply loves his country and loves to wrestle.
There is no way they can get to the top in india like this.
Its bad enough that they use the same booking for him as for all the other heel champions, going with the extremely stupid "evil foreigner" character is not helping one bit.

Mahal has what it takes to be a great heel or something between...but not like that.

Quote:
oh...and Samoa Joe is no slouch either. He's tearing it up on Raw,very good on the mic.I was rooting for either him or BS to win at Summerslam.
Yes, im so glad this turned out good...when he had his debut i was afraid that they wont use him right.
But he did a great job so far.

Quote:
Oh god, This is Your Life and Kendo Stick on a Pole match....
I'm a huge Alexa Bliss fan, I love her, I really do. But I just want to erase that week from my brain. By far one of the best microphone workers in the company right now and even she couldn't salvage that trainwreck of a segment. Thankfully creative didn't blame her one bit, according to reports. And then that match.. just why? Literally why couldn't they just have a regular kendo stick match...? Reportedly creative just wanted to be done with this storyline that's why they had Alexa squash Bayley, but that was still so puzzling.

I'm quoting this, in case somebody missed it.
The whole feud was such a mess...i still cant believe that it really happened.

Monday the first "episodes" of the Mae Young Classic tournament starts and im so incredible excited for this.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-17, 20:44   #2744
tomee

If anybody was planning to watch the Mae Young Classic, the first 4 episodes are online on the Network, which cover the entire first round of the tournament. Some gems if you want recommendations, my personal top 5:

Piper Niven vs Santana Garrett
Kay Lee Ray vs Princesa Sugehit
Candice LeRae vs Renee Michelle
Mia Yim vs Sarah Logan
Kairi Sane vs Tessa Blanchard

Looking forward to the second round, which should be even more competitive now that the less experienced women are out.
Old 29-08-17, 10:58   #2745
Mani_Man

I have not enough words to praise the first 4 episodes of the Mae Young Classic tournament.
There are so many great woman in there and they showed what Womans Wrestling has become over the years.

So far it lived up to what i hoped it would be.
There were only 1 maybe 2 matches that have been not that good, but overall there were so many good matches.

I still dont get why it took them so long to sign Kairi Sane, that woman is just awesome...i love her whole wrestling style so much.

Rhea Ripley is unfair, just unfair.XD
How can someone be so young and already this talented...its not fair.

Of course you have the ones you knew would deliver like Jazzy, Piper Niven, Candice or Sarah Logan.

So much fun watching those woman compete.
Old 02-09-17, 14:51   #2746
welshguy34

Enjoyed the first round of the Mae Young Classic myself. Looking forward to watching more, especially Sane, Storm and Ripley.
welshguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 22:34   #2747
tomee

The second and third rounds as well as the semi finals of the Mae Young Classic are online. Although some of the results disappointed me, the matches were fire.

Rhea Ripley is a beast and I was really pleased with Abbey Leith. Another gem is Piper Niven. She is not a fake powerhouse but she still remains agile. She honestly reminds me of Kevin Owens. The likes of Nia Jax and Tamina Snuka look like jokes in comparison.

In other news, it seems WWE will do a 4 Horsewomen vs UFC 4 Horsewomen match at Survivor Series, tension was hinted at the tournament. Personally I couldn't care less, but I'd rather they settle this at Survivor Series than to hog a match slot at a Summerslam event or worse, at Wrestlemania.
Old 05-09-17, 13:25   #2748
Mani_Man

I would love to talk about each any every match of this tournament but that would be too much...i would hire all 32? woman who were in the tournament in a heartbeat.
They are all so good.

But i cant help but feel like they let Baszler get this far just for this 4 horsewoman thing...which doesnt really interest me to be honest.
Im not saying she didnt deserve it, shes still pretty green but showed great potential...but imo not finale potential.
Semi final sure, but not for the final against Kairi Sane.

The Pirate Princess has to win this one, there is no way around...everything else is a huge mistake...especially if the rumour is true and the winner also gets the NXT womans title.
Baszler is just not ready yet for a title.

In other news, have you guys heard about the sexy star incident?
Its awful and especially how sexy star tries to defend herself...which doesnt work.
She is known to be quite difficult while Rosemary is a good worker and nice person, known for her Professionality and all that.
Yet Sexy Stars statements are all about how she is treated wrong, how she is so great and kind and well liked...its cringeworthy.
Old 05-09-17, 15:12   #2749
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
In other news, have you guys heard about the sexy star incident?
Its awful and especially how sexy star tries to defend herself...which doesnt work.
She is known to be quite difficult while Rosemary is a good worker and nice person, known for her Professionality and all that.
Yet Sexy Stars statements are all about how she is treated wrong, how she is so great and kind and well liked...its cringeworthy.
I read about it on Twitter and it's disgusting.
To those who don't know; Sexy Star WAS the reigning Reina de Reinas champion in Mexico's AAA promotion. The title was on the line in a fatal fourway match against Ayako Hamada, Lady Shani and Rosemary. Sexy Star supposedly has real life beef with Lady Shani. At the end of the match Sexy Star applied a cross armbar to Rosemary and after Rosemary tapped out Sexy Star continued to hyperextend her arm in a shoot and Rosemary is said to have suffered a torn triceps.

Luckily that bitch didn't get away from that just like that. She was stripped of the title 3 days later and the wrestling world is currently excommunicating her. She has already been pulled from several events and promoters are vowing to never book her again.
Old 05-09-17, 20:04   #2750
Mani_Man

Quote:
I read about it on Twitter and it's disgusting.
To those who don't know; Sexy Star WAS the reigning Reina de Reinas champion in Mexico's AAA promotion. The title was on the line in a fatal fourway match against Ayako Hamada, Lady Shani and Rosemary. Sexy Star supposedly has real life beef with Lady Shani. At the end of the match Sexy Star applied a cross armbar to Rosemary and after Rosemary tapped out Sexy Star continued to hyperextend her arm in a shoot and Rosemary is said to have suffered a torn triceps.

Luckily that bitch didn't get away from that just like that. She was stripped of the title 3 days later and the wrestling world is currently excommunicating her. She has already been pulled from several events and promoters are vowing to never book her again.
Ah i could have clarified the whole thing a bit, thanks for doing it.
From what i gather she had beef with both.
I watched the match and you could see at one point that all three started to work stiff while Rosemary tried as much as she could to be professional.
I know my way around Armbars and what Sexy Star did was yanking the arm around while having it on tension?, Rosemary pretty much gave her the arm in full trust because at this point its really dangerous, and Sexy Star abused this trust to probably vent her anger or whatever.
She didnt had any problems with Sexy Star, Rosemary was the only professional in this very ring...yet she had to pay the price.

Thing is, dont quote me on this because i could mistake her for another female wrestler, but she has done something this horrible in the past if i remember correctly.
Broke a young newcomers Nose with unprotected and stiff elbows.
Sexy Star is not very well liked in the locker rooms, has attitude problem and tends to make it all about herself...as her statements to this make clear.

I heard that Rosemary thankfully has only a bruise or dislocation but im not sure...it would really suck if this would be worse.