www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 16-11-18, 18:16   #521
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
Except she didn’t mold and grow into anything, they basically undid any character development she had in the first reboot game. If anything, she regressed.
They should have just kept TR13 as her origin story and then moved onto something else.
That's arguable because that's what you see. Her development was good in 2013. I believe she regressed in Rise, due to her regrets over her father. In Shadow however she did move on. Humans don't just bounce back from events like in the reboot. If they just moved immediately made her a badass after the first game, that would be terrible writing. The stretch of her origin story could've worked if the writing wasn't all over the place. Especially with the comics distancing itself from the games. Her attitude was totally different and led people to believe that she had moved on and the extra growth was unnecessary when it actually was.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 23:27   #522
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
That's arguable because that's what you see. Her development was good in 2013. I believe she regressed in Rise, due to her regrets over her father. In Shadow however she did move on. Humans don't just bounce back from events like in the reboot. If they just moved immediately made her a badass after the first game, that would be terrible writing. The stretch of her origin story could've worked if the writing wasn't all over the place. Especially with the comics distancing itself from the games. Her attitude was totally different and led people to believe that she had moved on and the extra growth was unnecessary when it actually was.
I agree that she had more character development in Shadow. I feel like her obsession really shone through, and those moments where she snapped or was questioning her motives were huge highlights to me as Lara developing. Rise Lara unfortunately didn’t have many of those moments, at least not to me. I still wish that they kept the scrapped PTSD element in Rise. It would have been such a cool concept, and a fitting one too.

I think people would feel a little more appreciative of Rise’s story (and Shadow’s too maybe) if it stayed true to Rhianna’s vision. There would’ve been no daddy issues, and I think there would’ve been tons of more character development for Lara. I certainly would’ve liked it more.
Old 24-11-18, 22:19   #523
lance6439
Legend

Needs to be longer but damn this was perfect