www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D Level Editor

Old 16-03-19, 22:42   #1
DaroRaider
Student

Default Tools to be complented with DxTre3d

Hello friends,
First of all I was not sure where to open this thread because although it talks about tools, they are meant to be used with the DxTre3d. I will use this thread to group the tools that I have created and that have helped me to create my levels. Then each of them and a brief description.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TR Sound ID Manager.

With this tool you can load a "base level" of tr2 - tr3 and define new sounds IDs to be used later by other tools such as TReditSound, etc.
The truth I did not see, if someone did something similar, but at least it is not in my knowledge.
Therefore, now you can count not only on pre-existing soundIDs, but that you can define new ones.
Currently only has good support for TR3, in TR2 have been reported failures.

The link to the thread for download:

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=220824

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anim Command Fixer

Anim command fixer is a tool that opens a level tr2-tr3 and fixes the AnimCommand entry problem that fails to be opened by TrViewer.
Currently it has support for tr2 and tr3.
NOTE: Not all the levels that are loaded, are fixed, but the majority.

You need to Load the buggy level, then click on Fix! button, a msg Box will show up, then you need to save!
You are ready to open it again with Trviewer!

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cna6u8...ndFixerV11.rar

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TR3 CUSTOM TEXTURE

This tool opens a tr3 level, and allows you to edit for each texture ID, the properties such as the coordinates where they are mapped in the texture page and the Pixels.
The tool only presents the interface to change the values ​​of the four vertices of each piece of texture, to achieve the effects of how the textures should be mapped to the polygons of the meshes, whether they are triangular or square textures, whether they should be vertically rotated or horizontally.

The operation of this tool is a little mysterious, just as a programmer I can give the user the chance to experiment freely by touching values ​​until they find the effects like the ones below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5dxy5t...tomTexture.rar

---------------------------------------------------

MSFX

This tool is not from my authority, but from Turbo Pascal. It serves to decompile the main.sfx of both tr2 and tr3, examine their wavs, and recompile it. It works by command line. Very useful.

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yly3ns1k16l4cak/msfx.rar

Last edited by DaroRaider; 17-03-19 at 17:47. Reason: Edit 2: Reposted images according to FAQ rules.
DaroRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-19, 20:09   #2
Danath
Archaeologist

Thumbs up

Thank you Daro for making all these tools. Animcommandfixer saved my butt in one occasion.
I still haven't checked with MSFX if i can lower the volume for extracted sounds that are too loud in original TR2 and then import them back, i will let you know if it is successful when i get to it.
Old 17-03-19, 21:33   #3
DaroRaider
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I still haven't checked with MSFX if i can lower the volume for extracted sounds that are too loud in original TR2 and then import them back, i will let you know if it is successful when i get to it.
Jordi, MSFX allows you to extract and compile wavs, I think it's possible to edit any one as you wish with another professional sound software. Make sure to save the edited wav with the same properties as the wavs are stored in the main.sfx... 22050KHz, 16 bit, mono, etc..
Good luck mate
DaroRaider is online now   Reply With Quote