www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 23-03-19, 07:22   #111
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
And that's perfectly fine, whatever you think it's right. Just don't expect the reality to bend to your will. It probably won't happen.

Companies are legally protected for this kind of thing. They always had the last word on the content released. They remain in their right, even if it displeases you. At best we can expect some patches for the few studios who will have afterthoughts within a certain limit, but to assume you'll change things by boycotting or posting on TRF telling people they must be mad is a bit naive. Sorry.
If people actually believed in the things they say they do then they most certainly would.

This isn't about reality bending to my will, this is about Sony trying to take control and dictate what I choose to consume without any ****s given about what I want and what I believe is best for me.

People should always support companies that are consumer friendly and not companies who thrive on power and control, companies who have the audacity to try and play moral police.
Old 23-03-19, 07:38   #112
Isaac
Relic Hunter

No company is ever entirely consumer friendly. Don’t get me started on that. They’re all businesses.

And it’s not much about moral policing than having a set of rules. For all we know DMC5 might be an overreaction from Capcom in answer to policies. Let’s not forget that company avoided hiring certain actors because they went union.

People will always value different things in the end and playing Sony’s first party titles often outweighs any ethical battles about nudity.

Last edited by Isaac; 23-03-19 at 07:45.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 07:44   #113
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
No company is ever entirely consumer friendly. Donít get me started on that. Theyíre all businesses.

And itís not much about moral policing than having a set of rules. For all we know DMC5 might be an overreaction from Capcom in answer to policies. Letís not forget that company avoided hiring certain actors because they went union.

People will always value different things in the end and playing Sonyís first party titles often outweighs any ethical battles.
Until they can't ignore the ethical.
Old 23-03-19, 07:46   #114
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Well until weíre talking about censorship of minorities in a game (like changing the gender, skin color or sexual orientation of a character) donít expect people (nor me in fact) to follow your vendetta. But we both know most major studios wonít go there, including Sony.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 08:10   #115
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Well until weíre talking about censorship of minorities in a game (like changing the gender, skin color or sexual orientation of a character) donít expect people (nor me in fact) to follow your vendetta. But we both know most major studios wonít go there, including Sony.
Umm....what?

Censorship of minorities?

Oh Lawd, Jesus I need your strength.
Old 23-03-19, 08:45   #116
Mani_Man
Professor

Isaac is right charmed, i know that really upsets you but his points are well and correct.

You on the other hand somehow try to paint a narrative that you can not live without sony and therefore they need to please you...but they dont.
They are a company who offer services and are free to change and use them how they see fit.
Just like you are free to not purchase their services.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote