www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 28-04-14, 21:21   #1021
_Awestruck_
Tomb Raider

They could be changing the direction of the series, which honestly would be a good thing. But yes, all of these departures coming at once doesn't really sit well with me.
_Awestruck_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 11:27   #1022
paulwork
Archaeologist

That comment about sony may be right. Put it this way, i was in a very busy electronics store for almost half a day and not once did i see anybody reaching over to buy a now back in stock ps4 console.

I think sony want uc4 in time for their next big console sales period at christmas. They'll want to see consoles flying off the shelves again. That could be their anchor game for early 2015. Maybe ND are not bending to sony's pressures to help encourage console sales.

Last edited by paulwork; 29-04-14 at 11:31.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 11:52   #1023
Peterstar101
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
Uncharted will turn out fine. I don't see anything wrong with the way the games have progressed.

My only complaint is Elena. I want them to stop splitting up to only meet in the middle of the game and get back! Just keep them together lol.
After the tragic mistep that was AoD, you learn to be more worried about everything

Last edited by Peterstar101; 11-10-15 at 01:59.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 12:46   #1024
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
It'll be interesting to see how the finished product turns out, and how much of Naughty Dog is left standing afterwards.
I hope they don't fire their dog!
Old 29-04-14, 16:10   #1025
Cristina
Relic Hunter

^ that just made my day
Old 29-04-14, 18:08   #1026
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwork View Post
That comment about sony may be right. Put it this way, i was in a very busy electronics store for almost half a day and not once did i see anybody reaching over to buy a now back in stock ps4 console.

I think sony want uc4 in time for their next big console sales period at christmas. They'll want to see consoles flying off the shelves again. That could be their anchor game for early 2015. Maybe ND are not bending to sony's pressures to help encourage console sales.
Considering PS4 has sold 7 million units and the Xbone just reached 5 million, I doubt Sony is desperate, but you're right, they could be trying to rush out an Uncharted game to try and sell consoles. Uncharted is a Sony brand, it's instantly recognizable to gamers, and it's something a lot of people would buy into quickly. No doubt Sony wants Uncharted game on their console, it would definitely spur more sales, but is Sony dumb enough to rush Naughty Dog? Surely they've heard of how quickly rushed products turn out.
Old 29-04-14, 18:09   #1027
Baratheon
Archaeologist

Burn.

I'm concerned and excited for Uncharted all the same. I don't really want it to depart from it's comedic element - but a more "serious" route would be appealing. I don't know. I'm torn.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-14, 18:22   #1028
italibabee
Professor

Anyone want to play U3 with me later?
:3
Old 26-05-14, 23:29   #1029
paulwork
Archaeologist

Loads of internet buzz at the moment about Uncharted 4 supposedly being "darker" than previous games.

If by darker they mean (sigh) zombies, they can freak the freak off. We already had zombies in Uncharted 1 thank you very much.

Same goes for any kind of visual style like the movie Batman the Dark Knight. Urgh. Bored now... Would rather watch paint dry than have to suffer that.

Last edited by paulwork; 26-05-14 at 23:30.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-14, 14:56   #1030
lcroft_lc
Tomb Raider

Uncharted on PS4 has “Stupidly Impressive Tricks and Tech,” Is “Breathtaking,” – Rumor

Quote:
Industry insiders have been dropping a few hints about what we’re probably going to see at E3 of the new Uncharted on PS4, and today Ahsan “Thuway” Rasheed dropped a bit more information from his sources:

Uncharted PS4 visuals will make you say, “Quantum/Order/Division who?” Stupidly impressive tricks and tech.

Uncharted preview is being described as breathtaking. I don’t know about any more Sony megatons- but the word the last word I got is: The 1st Party stuff is seriously impressive. Whenever it’s shown, it will make people take notice.

Interestingly, Rasheed seems to have come out empty handed on information about Microsoft, but that’s not surprising, as the house of Xbox tends to run a tighter ship than Sony concerning leaks and information that filters through to the public when it’s not supposed to:

I tried pressing for more info, nothing there. Also no new info on MS’s megatons. Looks like leaks are sealed. See you guys next Monday.

Update: anotherprominent insider, Tidux, added more fuel to the Uncharted fire, also confirming that the protagonist of the new game is still Nathan Drake and the setting is “tropical”.

Just seen a new build of Uncharted, I have no words #GreatnessAwaits #PS4
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/...ng-to-insider/