www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 08-09-19, 20:42   #11281
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I'm curious to know why you think this. I thought it had great writing and character arcs for such a short game.
Same, I thought the writing was just as good as the main series game. Chloe and Nadine's interactions were fantastic, the story was as Blackmoor said, short but sweet.

I also didn't miss Nate too much, I love Nate, but Chloe owns my heart, especially considering how many proper Lara Croft vibes Chloe was serving in TLL.
Old 08-09-19, 20:48   #11282
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Same, I thought the writing was just as good as the main series game. Chloe and Nadine's interactions were fantastic, the story was as Blackmoor said, short but sweet.

I also didn't miss Nate too much, I love Nate, but Chloe owns my heart, especially considering how many proper Lara Croft vibes Chloe was serving in TLL.
Totally agree. I love Nate and am certainly going to miss him, but now that he has retired from the game, I think Chloe is more than a worthy successor as the main character. And her dynamic with Nadine was really good. I truly wish we have more Uncharted games with them.
Old 08-09-19, 20:50   #11283
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I thought the Lost Legacy had excellent writing. Compelling characterisation and realistic dialogue and a short sweet plot. It's actually my favourite in some ways out of all the UCs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Totally agree. I love Nate and am certainly going to miss him, but now that he has retired from the game, I think Chloe is more than a worthy successor as the main character. And her dynamic with Nadine was really good. I truly wish we have more Uncharted games with them.
Ahem!
Old 08-09-19, 20:52   #11284
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I'm curious to know why you think this. I thought it had great writing and character arcs for such a short game.
When compared to the other games, to be honest I didn't enjoy the UC4 story all that much either. The original trilogy will always be better for me, nothing beats the whole Nate and Elena relationship, as well as the lore in the original three games.

Lost legacy was a good game and did have a good story but because it wasn't a main title it just didn't feel as good as the others.
Old 08-09-19, 22:27   #11285
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Nothing in the Uncharted universe beats Uncharted 2 in story and locations/levels for me. Masterpiece.
Old 09-09-19, 07:21   #11286
killchan
Explorer

I'm not gonna say Lost Legacy has worse story than PacMan or anything, but it's one of the few games that made me mute the dialogue, mainly due to the overly incessant snarky small talk.
Old 09-09-19, 08:57   #11287
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Uncharted 1 had best storyline in my opinion, along with best atmosphere with the setting. I'm pretty much a cult-like fan of the first game, I have the controversial opinion of thinking it's the best in the series.

I find Uncharted 2 and 3's storylines and character-writing to be enjoyable, but they're just a little too hackneyed at times. Some lines and events really make me cringe.

I also think Naughty Dog suck a writing compelling or original villains, for Uncharted at least. In the first trilogy alone, we had no less than 4 classic "Evil Brit" type villains and a crackpot Russian war criminal. It's like I've gone back in a time capsule to the 1960s. By the time The Last of Us was released, I was half-expecting some random posh, sophisticated, pipe-smoking Brit to show up in the middle of Post-Apocalyptic Kansas, they love the damn trope so much.

Uncharted 4 was a little better, although having said that I don't care for them shoehorning Sam in so unnaturally.

Lost Legacy I've only played once and I don't really remember much. Chloe seemed quite out of character for me and I agree Nate could have lead and it would have felt the same, because she almost felt like Nate wearing a Chloe skin. I also don't really care for Nadine.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 09-09-19 at 09:04.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-19, 15:43   #11288
Alterjano
Student

It is now confirmed that Travis Knight has been tapped to direct the upcoming Uncharted film, replacing Dan Trachtenberg, who departed from the role last month.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-19, 17:05   #11289
TrustyBow
Professor

Lol just end the movie already. Nobody wants this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I'm just seeing this but I agree with a lot of your points.

As much as I love the series, I'm still a bit surprised that its as universally praised as it is. The stories are entertaining but they also play off of a lot of action movie tropes. Nothing about the plot is ever really surprising. Whenever people say Uncharted has some of the best writing, I'm like "Hwhat?"

U1 in all fairness seemed to be a bit more self aware. It came across as more of a homage than the other titles.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 27-09-19 at 17:06.
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-19, 18:00   #11290
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
I'm not gonna say Lost Legacy has worse story than PacMan or anything, but it's one of the few games that made me mute the dialogue, mainly due to the overly incessant snarky small talk.
I actually really enjoyed the relationship building between the two characters. It's was the real highlight of the game for me.