Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 13-09-19, 07:32   #131
VictorXD

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Technically speaking, yes. A port could’ve been done.

But timing wise and financially speaking it would make no sense.
That was exactly the point that was made though
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Just get with the time grandpa. There won't be any X360 ports, especially when we're close to the new generation. Pathetic to even spam the forums with this kind of nonsense.
It feels weird to me that the PS4/X1 era is already ending, it doesn't feel like it actually lasted a decent amount of time.

I'm so ready to see how things are going to look next gen though
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-19, 10:33   #132
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Better.
Just not PS1-to-PS2 level of better.

I think the plan for next generation is to make things easier with no loss in graphical fidelity (e.g. going for real time processing instead of baked/prerendered effects) while being able to deliver on the gameplay and framerate, rather than just make the games look "better" (whatever that means).
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-19, 21:19   #133
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Oh really? My bad lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 06:54   #134
Alterjano

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
No, I was speaking in general, I had no more to say about your issue with the 360. I played the game, took some great shots, and felt like sharing them to show case the effects and the demand this game has.

I really don't get why your so anal about Shadow not being on 360, 360 is a dead console, dead in the water and will never be supported by any company again ever.
I find your honesty, quite refreshing charmedangelin. Some people just don't understand that it would have wasted Eidos or another company's time and effort to port SOTTR to last gen consoles with substantial downgrades when they needed to focus on delivering the game to a certain standard on current gen consoles and PC. If they committed to such an ill advised strategy, it would have been a nonsensical move at best.

Last edited by Alterjano; 14-09-19 at 06:55.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 13:21   #135
Portugalraider

But were people really expecting a old-gen version of SotTR? RotTR still came during the transition period (late transition if we are honest) and only because of the exclusivity deal. Feasible or not, a last-gen version of SotTR would be a very bad decision, especially for consoles which stopped being produced two (XB360) or one year (PS3) before the games release.

Now, a Switch version would have been swell, but still, considering the engine probably doesn't natively support the console, and that it would definitely need a lot of proper optimization (especially Paititi), I also can see why we didn't get it in there either. But hey, if Dragon Quest XI S is a success, maybe that will make SE port more current games to the switch, and we can have proper portable Tomb Raider games.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 21:57   #136
mandylane

anything above 85 on metracritic is consider good game thats what they said in my pc gamer mag
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 18:33   #137
Ms.LaraCroft

Quote:

It feels weird to me that the PS4/X1 era is already ending, it doesn't feel like it actually lasted a decent amount of time.

It feels like PS4 and XB1 came out no later than three years ago. How has it already been 5 years??
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 07:25   #138
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

I feel one of the reasons it's the lowest rated is because simply following the main game without doing any of the optional tombs makes the game feel incomplete. I imagine some reviewers just breezed through it and didn't take part in the best parts of the game, the tombs. This is why I feel those tombs should have been incorporated as part of the main game and not optional.

SOTTR is my fav in the trilogy for sure, but if someone is skipping optional tombs altogether, the first two in the trilogy would feel more complete.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-19, 00:41   #139
MelikeLara

It's really weird, the trilogy feels like the same game and so different at the same time, I think it's that Lara differs in each game but the gameplay feels alike
MelikeLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-19, 21:19   #140
Legends

Because they released a half-baked 2013 game in 2018.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote