Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 29-08-21, 21:01   #3891
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
Even with it cancelled, I can't agree that she was wasted. She was by far the best of the characters and without a doubt the most well rounded one of the bunch. Even with her in the (current Doctor) role she would've flubbed, the Doctor is just written terribly in the past two series.
Oh she was amazing. I don't mean she was wasted in the role as she played it well but I just feel like she could have been a contender for a female doctor had she not been attached to the series so close to the casting.

I also would have loved to see Suranne Jones play the doctor. It feels like a face he would have chosen as the first female incarnation for a long time due to the personal story behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Are you talking about the episode where Amy thinks she's turning to stone? I liked the overall idea of an image of an angel becomes an angel and Amy having to navigate the forest with her eyes closed. That was very intense, imo. However, I believe this was the one where angels were killing the soldiers by snapping their necks? Even though we didn't see it, that pretty much made them less scary and mysterious in a way. They just become another alien species out to kill. Although I liked Bob. Bob deserves all the recognition .
Yes. I liked the whole aspect of Amy having to keep her eyes shut and feel that added well to the lore and being a counterplay to 'dont blink' but it was the whole snapping necks thing that lost me. For an entity who 'kill' in such an easy way to have to resort to physical violence cheapened them for me a bit.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-21, 21:36   #3892
Zelda master

The episode actually explains why they snap the necks of the people instead of sending them back in time.
The ship was leaking radiation that allowed them to regenerate, so they didn't need the people that were there and just got rid of them that way.
While the end result is basically the same, the characters are effectively written out of the story without a return being possible.
But I hated how Moffat wrote them as if they needed to talk and that the neck snap was clearly audible. Just cutting away without the sound would've worked just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Oh she was amazing. I don't mean she was wasted in the role as she played it well but I just feel like she could have been a contender for a female doctor had she not been attached to the series so close to the casting.

I also would have loved to see Suranne Jones play the doctor. It feels like a face he would have chosen as the first female incarnation for a long time due to the personal story behind it.
Ah, that way. Yeah, with Capaldi they blatantly admitted that the Doc can have reasons for his (or her) new face. So having her return in such a fashion would've been awesome, especially considering Class was (unfortunately) canned.

What frustrates me most about that show, is that we have four sets of Big Finish audio dramas, yet still no resolution for that cliffhanger. I enjoyed the sets, but lord, I need a continuation already!

Last edited by Zelda master; 29-08-21 at 21:40.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-21, 14:27   #3893
Jami393

And the next show runner is...
Russell T Davies.
[url]https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-58682472[/url]

Last edited by Jami393; 24-09-21 at 14:29.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-21, 14:36   #3894
Tombraider95

omfg. I cannot believe it. This is too good to be true.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-21, 15:42   #3895
Rai

That's good news indeed.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-21, 15:48   #3896
Chamayoo

WHAT.
This is beyond real. He will write the 60's special as well
. It's really better than I was expected.
Welcome back,
Russell (is that really a spoiler ?)
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-21, 15:49   #3897
TRfan23
Golden

This is good, have a chance to bring back the decent writing of it's revival in 2005!
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-21, 15:57   #3898
jajay119

Very much needed. Revive that bitch again RTD.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-21, 16:08   #3899
Jami393

The show is also being co-produced by Bad Wolf, who have worked on shows such as His Dark Materials.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-21, 16:38   #3900
Chamayoo

Funny how we have news for 2022, anniversary special and series 14 (2024 ? We'll have to be patient) but...
We still don't know the release date of series 13. 🙃
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote