Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 27-08-21, 08:05   #101
Bergus

I got some health issues (I'm waiting for kidney surgery for stones ), hopefully I can continue working on it at the end of September! Coding is fun but I feel light headed.
Bergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-21, 09:06   #102
AshySlashy

My God, I hope you'll get well soon.
AshySlashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-21, 23:38   #103
not again!

Ow, wishing you the speediest of recoveries! Feel better soon, Bergus!
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 20:49   #104
Joey79100

Since my 3DS Max license has expired I'm looking to try other software in case I don't find another solution. And I just gave a try to WadBlender, but knowing I know almost 0 thing about Blender.

I did manage to import LARA, and add some keyframes to edit her animation.

However I'm still puzzled about how to do 2 things right now, and I didn't find the explanation in the README page (and I'm not gonna lie, I didn't read this thread considering the number of pages it has):
  • Can I edit the original animation, see its keyframes, instead of only adding something on top of the existing one? I can press the Record button and make a few modifications, I do see the keys appearing in the timeline, but I can't see the original ones.
  • I can see in the Scene collection, under LARA_RIG, all Lara's animations from the WAD. However I have no idea how to import them, if I simply double-click on them I get a "Cannot edit external library data" message at the bottom. What do I need to do?

Also a third thing I didn't find mentioned: is opening WAD2 planned or not at all?

For the rest of the Blender-specific things, I'll just watch a few videos or search the internet to get a bit more familiar with Blender itself and see how I could use it.
I already love the fact that Lara's model is jointed, and that her textures are displayed correctly. ��

EDIT:
So I've been playing a little, and figured how to load an animation. However some of my animations are using framerate different than 1, so I need to scale them in Blender because they don't come at the correct speed by default. So I tried scaling, and I get weird results with the interpolation.

Do you have any idea what this could be?

Also, I heard there was an importer for .anim files. That would mean I could completely switch to .WAD2. Where is it?

EDIT: I had completely missed the Open Blender To Tomb Editor Workflow Thread, and the fact that it has videos covering a few subjects, including WadBlender. I'll check these out and continue from there.

Last edited by Joey79100; 28-05-22 at 20:56.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-22, 17:16   #105
Nemo20

Hello,

I accidentally found the Blender plugin on the YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAR...yzXsg/featured
(I only noticed this topic later because I'm hardly online here). But now I have a question about it. Of course I downloaded and installed the plugin for Blender, but I have a problem importing the WAD.

Unfortunately, it doesn't import anything for me. In Blender, I get brief information about Python in the bar below. When you click on it, you get the following error message:

Code:
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\illya\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\wadblender\__init__.py", line 249, in execute
    return import_wad(context, self.type, options)
  File "C:\Users\illya\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\wadblender\__init__.py", line 99, in import_wad
    materials = createMaterials(options.wadname, texture_path)
  File "C:\Users\illya\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\wadblender\common.py", line 34, in createMaterials
    mat.node_tree.nodes["Image Texture"].interpolation = 'Closest'
KeyError: 'bpy_prop_collection[key]: key "Image Texture" not found'

Unfortunately nothing else happens with the whole thing. I can't import the Lara or anything else.

Does anyone have an idea where the error could be? Thank you very much.

Edit: I change the language of blender to english and it works now. Apparently the plugin has problems with languages ​​other than English

Last edited by Nemo20; 28-07-22 at 15:55.
Nemo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-23, 02:52   #106
Gonzaloveslara

Could you please explain how to import objects in wad2 format? The current information is somewhat confusing. Does the same WAD Blender program still work for import? I see that there are people creating large-scale objects in TEN.
Gonzaloveslara is offline   Reply With Quote