Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 15-11-17, 13:18   #101
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeelooBastet View Post
Hi
When i click on Tools > Texture Map builder, nothing happens...Is this a tool to replace TextEdit / TBuilder ?
Possibly, but currently it is indeed absent.

Quote:
Second question
Are you going to implement something with Metasequoia, like Meta2Tr ?
Replacing rooms with custom geometry like meta2tr allows is already in the works. These modifications will be saved with the PRJ2, so you will no longer need to edit compiled level files, and you will still be able to change your project.

Quote:
Found a problem with grid walls in 3 (or 5) when it is a diagonal wall. It breaks the diagonal
Sounds like a undesired behavior, so it will be reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
When I imported a project some object textures are wrong in-game, I don't know why..
Are you using a HD WAD with high-poly objects? If yes, then that is probably the reason, I noticed texturing issues with detailed objects.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 13:44   #102
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

@Joey79100 Thank you

I've worked today on MQO importer. Problem with geometry I/O is that there are many formats, many tools, and many possible combinations. So we are choosing some 3d tools and some formats and we are making them work well.
Rooms can be exported in OBJ, Metasequoia, PLY and Collada (not fully working at 100% yet). Feature is temporary disabled so I can finish it
MontyTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 14:10   #103
LeelooBastet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Replacing rooms with custom geometry like meta2tr allows is already in the works. These modifications will be saved with the PRJ2, so you will no longer need to edit compiled level files, and you will still be able to change your project.
I love you so much guys <3 <3
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 14:15   #104
Joey79100

I was wondering: will you/how will you handle bump maps? As it was handled by Tom2PC I guess you have to rebuild the thing. Would it be possible to add the "missing" layer? If I remember correctly the main flaw that prevented DOT3 bump maps to look really good was the Tom2PC did manage the height but not the depth, or something like that. Would it be fixable now?

Also, I see there is Unknown14 and Unknown15 in the step sounds. So these were other entries that did not appear in the TRLE/NGLE list? How much is known about these entries? I mean, is there a sound ID assigned to them?
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 14:20   #105
Lwmte

Yes, bump maps are in the plans, however, it may be a better idea not to use straightforward emboss function for them. At least have an ability to import custom bumpmaps created by the user (for example, if we'll be able to use normal maps with OT/OL/whatever in the future).
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 14:26   #106
Joey79100

Ohhhh I really like this answer.

One last question (for now ), will you consider allowing texturing in lighting mode? It's easier sometimes to texture because not everything has the same lighting and it helps seeing depth better, I texture with lighting mode enabled most of the time in NGLE, even if I use temporary lights in dark rooms. Also, purely artistic aspect: lighting helps finding the most fitting texture, so it's a shame that we can't do this anymore. Unless I've missed something.
Old 15-11-17, 14:46   #107
ThiagoTR

You guys!

I just can't with Tomb Editor.
When I double click in exe, nothing happens, I even tried "run as administrator" but again, nothing happens.

Note: I have windows 7 and NET FRAMEWORK 4.5 installed

Help
ThiagoTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 14:56   #108
LeelooBastet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post

Why don't use you Ctrl+mousewheel to zoom instead? This is what most programs go for so it would only make sense and not break what we're used to. We'll scroll more often than we'll zoom (we can just find the zoom level we need and leave it that way and zoom again only when precision is needed).
+1

Question :
How do you automatically reset the texture file position when you zoomed/moved it ?

Last edited by LeelooBastet; 15-11-17 at 14:57.
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 15:06   #109
Joey79100

There's a bug, at least while importing a PRJ, it doesn't like paths with spaces:
Old 15-11-17, 15:21   #110
kaufi-lc

It seems like you can't turn a tile into wall if there is a portal to a room above/below. So we have to either finish the entire room structure before connecting rooms above/below or we have to delete the portals, create walls and connect the rooms again. Or did I just do something wrong?
kaufi-lc is offline   Reply With Quote