Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 14-06-19, 06:19   #1
Kurtis666

Default Dual Pistols Source of Animation for a Future Game?

I've seen some leaked gameplay of the Avengers game by Crystal Dynamics (which I'm not going to share due to copyrights reason) and their Black Widow section has a really good dual pistol gameplay foundation, if it's not already in the plan I think that Crystal Dynamics should re-purpose those Black Widow dual pistols animations for the next TR game.
Kurtis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 06:39   #2
laracroftswest

They have to want her to use them though. We certainly do
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 07:07   #3
Vaskito

I'm certain some assets from the Avengers will be used in the next TR, including the duals gameplay, if they match how reboot TR combat works. As long as they don't dumb it down to auto-aim, bring it
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 07:42   #4
biscuits

Yeah I've seen it. The dual wielding looks pretty good.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 08:39   #5
killchan

but of course.

with Avengers, Crystal had to start from a very specific, existing vision.
they couldn't do that with Tomb Raider. They had nothing to use as ref- OH NEVERMIND

jokes aside ... this was yes another bland implementation of duals. she just targets 1 guy with 2 guns. just for show.
being able to target multiple bad guys at once would be much more interesting.
also the camera is a little too close...

it's flashy and visually impressive, but also limited, basic and almost impractical.

Last edited by killchan; 14-06-19 at 08:49.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 09:53   #6
GRiannisRaider

I'm sure that in the next game we will see some very big changes to the gameplay because with the programming that they have done for the Avengers they have a base to start for the next game now . The dual pistols will come back to the next game because they now have the code working for black window This is exciting black window also has some really good gymnastic skills who knows
GRiannisRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 10:09   #7
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiannisRaider View Post
I'm sure that in the next game we will see some very big changes to the gameplay because with the programming that they have done for the Avengers they have a base to start for the next game now . The dual pistols will come back to the next game because they now have the code working for black window This is exciting black window also has some really good gymnastic skills who knows
I also think that we'll see them return eventually. They just wanted to make this reboot trilogy as they saw fit and it succeeded in my opinion. I really liked them.

Come to think of it, I never missed the duals in angel of darkness. They don't have to return for me, but I still see it happening one day. Which is great for it's hardcore fans.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 10:12   #8
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiannisRaider View Post
I saw the leaked video. It's isn't too clear how it works, but it appears to have manual aim, so that's already a plus for me. Though, it looks a bit wonky, but maybe it's because Black Widow is a superhero (voiced by the AMAZING Laura Bailey, btw!) who's super fast. I can see that system being implemented and adapted into the next TR - and in TR they could add some special moves with the duals, like triggering a small slow-mo allowing Lara to shoot two different targets with the duals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Come to think of it, I never missed the duals in angel of darkness. They don't have to return for me, but I still see it happening one day. Which is great for it's hardcore fans.
I agree. I prefer the bow by a large margin, but I can totally see the duals coming back. As long as they keep the bow, I'm all in

Last edited by Vaskito; 14-06-19 at 10:14.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 10:36   #9
iWANEX
Golden

On one hand, I see nothing special about the duals and the way they are implemented in the Avengers game. It works exactly as if you used one.

On the other hand, it feels wrong to see Black Widow like this and not Lara. She even does some backflips. I don't know what they were thinking but the duals need to come back ASAP. Those are Lara Croft's signature weapons and there's certain elements you just can't erase about a character, sorry. Enough with the teasing. Both the bow and the pistols can co-exist perfectly.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 11:21   #10
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Those are Lara Croft's signature weapons and there's certain elements you just can't erase about a character, sorry. Enough with the teasing. Both the bow and the pistols can co-exist perfectly.
The whole absence of the duals is a mystery to me.
I mean even for the current Lara, they are important. The last physical remains of Roth, who was a father figure to her.
They got teased within 3 games...oh wait, they patched the original ending of SoTR... 2 games. And even concept arts showing, that she should have gotten them for a good chunk of the first game.

I'm curious whether was it a decision of Square E., or Crystal D. to not include them.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote