www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 24-08-19, 21:58   #1
Plesiosaur
Hobbyist

Default How do I install TRNG?

Hi! I've tried downloading the MK5 - TRNG Full Setup pack from this page, and installed it in a new folder, but when I tried starting the NG_Center.exe I only get a bunch of pop-ups about script files that cannot be found and I'm met with blank pages where the script should be, and I can't make heads or tails of how to install and make it work, so I'm asking, how do I install the TRNG?

And once I've installed it, how do I ensure it can find all the TRLE file it needs to run?
Plesiosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-19, 22:29   #2
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

install in your trle folder
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-19, 22:47   #3
Plesiosaur
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
install in your trle folder
I just tried that, and unzipped all files in it, but the script page still comes up blank and I get these text boxes popping up when I try to start the NG_Center.exe:

Old 24-08-19, 22:56   #4
sampiza
Historian

This tutorial can help you.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=211830
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 11:22   #5
Plesiosaur
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampiza View Post
I'm sorry, but I keep losing track on the tutorial and I still get a ton of error messages like the ones I posted above when I try to run it, and I've been unable to update it to the latest version.

Now, the reason I keep losing track in the tutorial is that I don't have any more space on the C: of my pc and thus keep all my trle stuff in a designated folder on D:, and I keep losing track on which stuff is supposed to go where when the files in the tutorial are named differently, and the tutorial starts from the assumption that I'm installing the trle from the Tomb Raider Chronicles CD (but I'm not, I downloaded the Vista/xp/7/10 compatible version from tombraiderchronicles.com).

I just wish someone could just tell me what to do step by step once I've downloaded the MK5 - TRNG Full Setup, and how to make sure it finds all the files it needs to function.
Old 26-08-19, 08:48   #6
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Doesn't the setup ask you where your TRLE folder is? I don't think I unzipped any files when I installed TRNG... you only do specifically what it tells you to do when updating, which is running the exes from the folders it opens up with each update.

No one will be able to tell you step by step unless you write step by step how you do it

I took a look at the tutorial and it's pretty straightforward. First you install NG Center, so tell us if this is successful and if there are no error messages during or after setup. If it's failing at first boot then it could be some issue with folders paths perhaps or data access... I always run setups as administrator to make sure it can access files without issues, but people tend to just install TRLE in their Documents folder where all programs can access files without restrictions.

Last edited by Dustie; 26-08-19 at 08:53.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-19, 14:28   #7
Plesiosaur
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Doesn't the setup ask you where your TRLE folder is? I don't think I unzipped any files when I installed TRNG... you only do specifically what it tells you to do when updating, which is running the exes from the folders it opens up with each update.

No one will be able to tell you step by step unless you write step by step how you do it

I took a look at the tutorial and it's pretty straightforward. First you install NG Center, so tell us if this is successful and if there are no error messages during or after setup. If it's failing at first boot then it could be some issue with folders paths perhaps or data access... I always run setups as administrator to make sure it can access files without issues, but people tend to just install TRLE in their Documents folder where all programs can access files without restrictions.
Allright, my mistake was trying to install it in a custom folder next to my folder for the level editor to keep all tools gathered in the same folder, but it does seem to work without errors now that I tried installing it again in the Documents folder on my system.

Thank you for pointing this out!