Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old Yesterday, 00:39   #27801
Darkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
I mean one of the moderators is a nice guy but it was a bit cringe when he was practically sucking up to and begging Jonah's voice actor to do a Reddit AMA one time.
Why do people even care about Jonah? He was such a blank slate that they literally changed him 3 times across the trilogy from his personality to his looks.

He was hot in Rise tho
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:51   #27802
Tommy123

Jonah sucks I miss zip
Tommy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:05   #27803
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon View Post
Why do people even care about Jonah? He was such a blank slate that they literally changed him 3 times across the trilogy from his personality to his looks.

He was hot in Rise tho
No one cares about him. I just remember there was a poll after TR2013 about everyoneís favorite side character in the game - and Jonah only won because he was the least awful. He was still awful, but he wasnít as hated as Sam or Reyes (the only other two Yamatai survivors) and so Crystal saw this and decided to pathologically jump on it. Thatís why to this point weíre still stuck with him, to the point that heíll be in the anime, when really he shouldíve died in Rise or Shadow to clear the ground for Lara-the-loner.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18   #27804
Tombraider95

Jonah dying in Rise would have made Lara realise "oh ****, maybe I shouldn't be taking my friends on these adventures with me, you know what, I'm gonna do it solo from now on".

Would have given his character some meaning, because otherwise... he's just there, to be one of Lara's POC friends.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:37   #27805
Sir Launcelot

Lara needs a really badass ghetto black chick for a sidekick - some scary looking chick with tats, scars, carries a razor and smokes crack. She could fish her out of the water after a drug deal goes bad on a boat and she sees the black chick jump into the water right after a gunfight as the doper boat explodes.

Maybe have a great white shark almost get her right as Lara pulls her out of the water.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38   #27806
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
True, there are some very great people here. A few rotten apples shouldn't spoil the entire harvest!!.....or however that saying goes i dont remember lol.
You're thinking of the Osmonds song.

The saying is "One bad apple spoils the barrel."

Jonah actually had one of the best lines in the series, IMO. Lara asks him what he would do if he had the power to change the world or something, and he says, "Panic!"

Which I think is just a lovely character reveal moment. You can infer so much from that one word. That's what good dialog does.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:18   #27807
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
Hey, summer is finally here, donít talk to me about demon jackets. Theyíre retired until autumn.

Iím glad weíre having a mild summer here so far, I donít do well in heat. Sweat more than an obese person on a treadmill.
Ooo good point. It hasnít been unbearable where Iím at yet but Iím not looking forward to it. I hate sweating too. When I can feel the hair on my head sticking to my face or neck.. BLEGH
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:19   #27808
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Ooo good point. It hasnít been unbearable where Iím at yet but Iím not looking forward to it. I hate sweating too. When I can feel the hair on my head sticking to my face or neck.. BLEGH
I actually give myself a buzz cut in the summer because i cannot stand sweaty hair at all.
Old Yesterday, 16:42   #27809
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
I actually give myself a buzz cut in the summer because i cannot stand sweaty hair at all.
I’ve entertained the idea of buzzing my hair off.. but in the times that I’ve done it in the past I’ve immediately regretted it as I wanted my fun hair back hahaha

I have a good shaped head and don’t look bad without hair, I just like having it.
I washed it last night and went to bed while it dried. It’s soooo soft and bouncy today!
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:45   #27810
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Iíve entertained the idea of buzzing my hair off.. but in the times that Iíve done it in the past Iíve immediately regretted it as I wanted my fun hair back hahaha

I have a good shaped head and donít look bad without hair, I just like having it.
I washed it last night and went to bed while it dried. Itís soooo soft and bouncy today!
"maybe Queb is born with it maybe its maybelline"