Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider I-III Remastered

Old 10-06-24, 17:18   #41
LousyGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon View Post
There you go
Nothing but applause for that!
LousyGamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-24, 17:36   #42
LousyGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Od View Post
They wouldn't necessarily have to rewrite Lara's biography.

Ideally they should have self-contained plots not involving Lara's story, just like TR1-3.

Things in the series began to go astray when plots started to be intertwined with, and deepen, Lara's past.

I think many don't understand that the essence in TR1-3 wasn't Lara's story but the game itself.

Yes I agree with that concept, there seems to be an obsession in fictional entertainment to give everyone and everything a full history to the point of being ludicrous. Silly example, Scooby Doo, it was just a gang and their dog unmasking crooks, today they are involved in relationships etc, which is pointless to the concept and achieves nothing. Don't get me wrong, I liked LAU, and thought it linked pretty well, but it wasn't crucial that it did, could easily have just been 3 stand alone games with no connection other than our heroine.

I'd like this to happen personally, as the first ones were the best, sadly I doubt it will, not necessarily because of appetite, remember Lara was voted the most iconic gaming character, but I somehow doubt those holding the legal rights would let the reigns out that much
LousyGamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-24, 21:57   #43
egypt_gypsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Od View Post
Survivor fans, I guess.
HAHAHAHAHHAHA.

I am literally the farthest thing from a fan of anything Crystal Dynamics has put out.

I just think you wildly overestimate the possibilities of this happening even remotely, and you make it seem like you think it is 100% possible. Just funny to me.
egypt_gypsie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-24, 22:34   #44
Madbuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
While I would love more classic TR, the sad reality is that these are too niche to be profitable.
The general gaming audience remember the classics, which why the remasters were a success.
They also remember AOD to be an abysmal flop, so these titles would come with a stigma even before release.

There is also the technical side. AOD cannot be ported to the remaster engine due to the very sloppy way it was made. It has to be remade. You'll need a big team due to the scale of it and I don't think CD wants to convolute the franchise with things to clash with the mainline games.

I would however love a level editor or a set of tools on par with the remasters and I'd even pay for it, but even that is unrealistic because a great deal of the sales are aimed at console players and a TR sandbox editor for console would not work.
Consoles had Dreams and LittleBigPlanet, so it could definitely work, the levels would just need to be hosted on official servers, which would inevitably shut down in a decade or two.
Madbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-24, 22:40   #45
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbuk View Post
Consoles had Dreams and LittleBigPlanet, so it could definitely work, the levels would just need to be hosted on official servers, which would inevitably shut down in a decade or two.
i mean making custom tr levels is not as intuitive as dreams or little big planet are
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15   #46
Heckler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
i mean making custom tr levels is not as intuitive as dreams or little big planet are
Pretty much. And a drag/drop map editor would be very watered down compared to even vanilla TRLE.
Heckler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:52   #47
Night Crawler

I really don't want any of that, no thanks.
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:25   #48
Mr Od

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTR View Post
Phil Campbell is really a genius. It is clear that he still loves TR and would like to continue working on it.

About TR4 Gold he clearly answers that he would do it (2:28:27). At 53:03 he also says that he and his students have been making the Monkey King levelset cutten from TR1 Gold, and at 2:37:49 he reiterates that he would contribute to 4-6 Remastered with new levels, and that he has already created levels setten in Northern Ireland and the Caribbean.

Imagine TR4 Gold being added as a secret levelset in TR5 Remastered, and then Campbell being promoted as lead game designer for the new TR 7, 8 and 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
I really don't want any of that, no thanks.
Are you a LAU or Survivor fan? Nothing to be ashamed of, just that's not TR.

Last edited by Mr Od; Yesterday at 16:55.
Mr Od is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:48   #49
SwiftieLuma

i think its more realistc to ask for Tomb Raider 4 Gold to become real and be included in the next batch of potential remasters.

Cause if you think about it we are getting 3 games + 3 expansions in this first release.

if they do the rest its gonna be less content so maybe they can spice it up creating Tomb Raider 4 gold at last.

That would be more realistic and doable.
SwiftieLuma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:00   #50
Mr Od

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftieLuma View Post
i think its more realistc to ask for Tomb Raider 4 Gold to become real and be included in the next batch of potential remasters.

Cause if you think about it we are getting 3 games + 3 expansions in this first release.

if they do the rest its gonna be less content so maybe they can spice it up creating Tomb Raider 4 gold at last.

That would be more realistic and doable.
TR4 however is much bigger than TR3, which is the biggest amongst the first three games. There is also the problem that at the end of TR4 Lara gets trapped in the collapse of the temple, and therefore TR4 Gold would not connect with such ending, and this is pointed out by Gary LaRochelle in the video (1:04:51).

It would make more sense for the developers to add TR4 Gold as a secret levelset in TR5 (accessible after having collected all the golden roses), and focus on the in-depth remaster of TR6.

Last edited by Mr Od; Yesterday at 16:51.
Mr Od is online now   Reply With Quote