www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 12-06-21, 04:37   #31
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
currently at Sacred Lake and this game, so far, seem like I'm hunting down ammo and medikits instead of saving the world

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/pic...ictureid=14706
You have to do Sacred Lake twice, along with Temple Of Karnak and The Great Hypostyle Hall; once you complete Sacred Lake the first time you backtrack to Temple Of Karnak. When you complete Sacred Lake the second time you then proceed to Tomb Of Semerkhet.
Old 17-07-21, 14:27   #32
Frceghst8
Historian

Default Imo

I know this is a appreciation thread but, I gotta say that while the graphics were improved + seeing younger Lara was nice. Staying in Egypt, I didn't care for that, Von Croy getting possessed by Seht, no way gods don't do that, just demons.
Frceghst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-21, 16:04   #33
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frceghst8 View Post
I know this is a appreciation thread but, I gotta say that while the graphics were improved + seeing younger Lara was nice. Staying in Egypt, I didn't care for that, Von Croy getting possessed by Seht, no way gods don't do that, just demons.
Erm, there is such a concept as a nonbenevolent deity figure. There's plenty of them across history from different cultures that aren't demons or what is typically considered evil.

Just look at Ancient Greece. They didn't think their gods were benevolent know it all figures. In fact, most of them only "worshipped" in the sense they wanted the favor of their patron god cast upon them, because they believed they were otherwise indifferent at best to humanity and cruel at worst. And while yes none of that is in the same league as possession of an individual, any historian will tell you that just because a figure was referred to as a god doesn't mean they were portrayed as having their followers' best interests at heart.
Old 17-07-21, 17:20   #34
Frceghst8
Historian

Default Replying to Jathom 95

I certainly don't think Seht is benevolent, no I was thinking more along the lines of Seht would think Von Croy is pathetic and not worth Seht's time or even Seht's notice.
Old 17-07-21, 17:35   #35
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
I certainly don't think Seht is benevolent, no I was thinking more along the lines of Seht would think Von Croy is pathetic and not worth Seht's time or even Seht's notice.
Probably so. But remember that Set's domain is plagues and suffering. Von Croy was just a vessel for him. That's something even mischievous or even downright malevolent entities like him wouldn't supposedly be beneath doing.
Old 17-07-21, 18:52   #36
Frceghst8
Historian

Default Agree to disagree

Okay good point, but reflecting on the fact that Seht referred to Lara as being worthless, I wouldn't be surprised if Seht viewed humans in general as worthless or pathetic. Just I.m.o
Old 17-07-21, 20:13   #37
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Okay good point, but reflecting on the fact that Seht referred to Lara as being worthless, I wouldn't be surprised if Seht viewed humans in general as worthless or pathetic. Just I.m.o
He likely does, I agree. I view his possession of Von Croy as an opportunistic encounter rather than one of value.

His disdain for Lara is intimidation as well as the absolute belief that he can't and won't be stopped. I mean, at the end of the game he's somewhat proven right. He destroys the Armor of Horus, the only way Lara could even fight him, and Lara has to physically seal him back. So in the end, he's not truly defeated. Just stalled once again.

Last edited by Jathom95; 17-07-21 at 20:16.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 00:14   #38
Frceghst8
Historian

Okay, if we're Seht I would have possessed someone more important than Von Croy, like a prime minister or something.
Old 18-07-21, 00:23   #39
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Okay, if we're Seht I would have possessed someone more important than Von Croy, like a prime minister or something.
Von Croy's possession in reality (reality - can we even call it that haha.) was little more than "wrong place, wrong time". He was there and Set took over him. But beyond that, Set would have little reason to possess anyone for any great length of time that would be particularly difficult to get a hold of like a world leader or something.

His sole purpose as presented to us in TR4 is to be the "Bringer of Plagues". Even though it's never directly stated why he possessed Von Croy in the first place, it's likely due to being locked away for thousands of years and "scoping out the land" so to speak once he's free for the first time since he was locked away. And in a way that would be much more inconspicuous than Set himself walking around.

Last edited by Jathom95; 18-07-21 at 00:25.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-21, 00:29   #40
Frceghst8
Historian

Damn, and here I thought Seht was a god of chaos.