Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 04-09-19, 16:22   #4791
Robwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
The Video included Alpha(?) Gameplay about The Nightmare including a scrapped Garden Section, King Suli
Oh, if I know anything about this game, then that garden is still there; we just need to find a way to access it!
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 16:25   #4792
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
I don't remember him ever confirming he's a beta tester either.
Maybe I'm wrong but If I don't hear this from the horse's mouth, I'm not biting my tongue.

Anyway, the problem is not how he's obtaining the info anyway.
He's been consistent in providing things without him we might've not gotten. Ever.

I'm just curious to see why the sudden change of heart all of a sudden.

Again, I don't think he's ever said that so I wouldn't say this as a fact.
Being a beta tester would probably mean signing an NDA. If he was under an NDA and released all that, he would've been in trouble long ago.
He was worried about getting in trouble when the person whose name shall not be said posted that video on YouTube.

Anything is possible, but your right that it's really strange that people have this sudden shift in attitude.

It's like this whole situation has turned people really sour and now they are projecting their sour grapes onto everyone else
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 16:28   #4793
SpyrosMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
He was worried about getting in trouble when the person whose name shall not be said posted that video on YouTube.

Anything is possible, but your right that it's really strange that people have this sudden shift in attitude.

It's like this whole situation has turned people really sour and now they are projecting their sour grapes onto everyone else
That still doesn't prove he's a beta tester. It would've been really stupid of him to even consider uploading part of an unreleased DLC while under NDA.

On the other hand, no one can harm you for exposing what you've tried to hide on your game with public updates.

Last edited by SpyrosMonster; 04-09-19 at 16:29.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 16:36   #4794
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Anyone who knows what data mining is and how it works understands exactly how he accessed the things he accessed in the other DLC’s.

The reason he’s unable to do the same with this one is because it hasn’t been stored anywhere for him to be able to access it.

If he were somehow able to access this 8th DLC (which he hasn’t) it would be incredibly idiotic for him to even remotely advertise that feat anywhere. Why? Because accessing it would require more than simple data mining and would enter the territory of illegal hacking. He’d be implicating himself of having potentially committed a very VERY serious crime.

Luckily, for him, this isn’t the case. I don’t believe for 5 seconds that he hacked Eidos Montreal’s private development studio and neither should you.
What the actual ****? Is this some sort of running gag? Am I missing the joke here?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 16:38   #4795
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
What the actual ****? Is this some sort of running gag? Am I missing the joke here?
Not really? DLC 8 files aren't public yet
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 16:40   #4796
TR1249

You're welcome everybody.

Also I think he's not a tester. He probably just knows how to play some hidden stuff in the files. Wouldn't be the first time. He uploaded some Test Level's Gameplay on his channel about Rise and it seems like he knows how to enable some stuff.

Also recently he said on a Discord Channel with some other trf members, that he might get a Build of TR2013, which is close to the E3 2012 Build. Just saying...
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 16:50   #4797
SpyrosMonster

I love how common sense is treated over here.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 17:12   #4798
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Not really? DLC 8 files aren't public yet
On PC. The PS4 received a random large update months ago and Ghost also said he played it on PS. 2 + 2 = 4, is it not?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 17:16   #4799
VictorXD

Why is the idea of GB being a tester so far fetched for some of you?? IIRC anyone can apply to be a beta tester at both CD and EM, you just need to fill out an application at their site and live nearby and hope they get in contact with you. Lots of forum members have beta tested the games over the years.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 17:17   #4800
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
On PC. The PS4 received a random large update months ago and Ghost also said he played it on PS. 2 + 2 = 4, is it not?
He didn't say he played it - he said he saw it (which I HIIIIIGHHLYT doubt).

Regarding the PS update, I don't think you can datamine console stuff (unsure of this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Why is the idea of GB being a tester so far fetched for some of you?? IIRC anyone can apply to be a beta tester at both CD and EM, you just need to fill out an application at their site and live nearby and hope they get in contact with you. Lots of forum members have beta tested the games over the years.
Simply put: if he was, he would be in a big legal trouble for the leaks.

Plus, datamining is something common, and if it's possible to do, it's because EM didn't encrypt the data before making it public, and anyone who knows how to datamine, can get the same info he got from Steam's files

Last edited by Vaskito; 04-09-19 at 17:19.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote