It was an Irish Island
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-21, 00:30   #72
Frceghst8

Thanks TR-Freak. TR 1-3 rules!
Frceghst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-21, 18:40   #73
snacky

I saw a weird thing happen in one of the cutscenes in Ireland. A bunch of those demon baby things was approaching Lara from behind and she turns around and throws the torch at them, which would make sense if the torch was lit but in this case it wasn't. So she effectively just threw a wooden stick at them and this somehow scared them away...
snacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-21, 19:26   #74
LCEF (CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacky View Post
I saw a weird thing happen in one of the cutscenes in Ireland. A bunch of those demon baby things was approaching Lara from behind and she turns around and throws the torch at them, which would make sense if the torch was lit but in this case it wasn't. So she effectively just threw a wooden stick at them and this somehow scared them away...
She is not throwing the bell thing she picked up earlier ? Demons hate iron, as the priest sais in the cutscene where he spoke to the creature in the hole. But yeah, sadly devs may have forgotten to put a nice metal sound when the object hits the ground
LCEF (CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-21, 22:21   #75
snacky

Hmm yeah, I think you're right. It's the iron clapper from the bell. That makes sense. It looks so much like the torch, and it bounces around on the ground as if it's made of something much lighter than iron!
snacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-21, 00:31   #76
.snake.

I mean, it is called the 'iron clapper' in her inventory. It's just a not-so-obvious pickup item, and when you first see it lying on the ground, by the broken bells, it does look like TR4/5's usual torch mesh. But when you pick it up, it's in Lara's inventory rather than being a part of her hand mesh like the torch usually is. And you can't light it either... and actually, you even have to find a torch in that level in order to burn the heart out of the tree.

Plus, if you don't pick up the clapper, the demon babies won't actually let you progress later on. Instead of a cutscene playing of Lara throwing the clapper at them, making some of them burst into dust, a different cutscene plays where they all jump on her. She doesn't die though; the cutscene just keeps repeating until you finally backtrack to find the clapper.

So you have to have that item in your inventory in order to progress. It is a bit confusing how Core structured that level, but I guess it's more confusing if you're only watching the cutscenes online rather than playing the actual game?

Last edited by .snake.; 19-09-21 at 00:43.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-21, 17:40   #77
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Plus, if you don't pick up the clapper, the demon babies won't actually let you progress later on. Instead of a cutscene playing of Lara throwing the clapper at them, making some of them burst into dust, a different cutscene plays where they all jump on her. She doesn't die though; the cutscene just keeps repeating until you finally backtrack to find the clapper.

So you have to have that item in your inventory in order to progress. It is a bit confusing how Core structured that level, but I guess it's more confusing if you're only watching the cutscenes online rather than playing the actual game?
How did I never discover this? Thats awesome - might have to try this next time I play TRC
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-21, 21:14   #78
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
How did I never discover this? Thats awesome - might have to try this next time I play TRC
It can probably be found on YouTube, but I won’t spoil it by posting it here. It’s definitely worth re-playing Chronicles just for that cutscene because it’s one of the funniest things Core ever animated. Just avoid picking up the clapper and come back for it later...
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-23, 18:41   #79
Teone

I always thought Chronicles was released for marketing reasons because Core Design was already focused on the new AOD engine, and they didn't care to build something memorable but only to feed the public.
Creating the new AOD engine took a lot of time and Eidos didn't want too much time to pass without releasing anything.
This is imo the main reason why TR5 is a minor game, compared to the previouses.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-23, 23:38   #80
straychild

I just love it here, I don't know why... it's so peaceful
Can't get the resolution above 640 by 480 or it crashes while trying to restart... how can I open the setup for the og's btw?

Last edited by straychild; 04-10-23 at 23:41.
straychild is offline   Reply With Quote