www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old Yesterday, 00:03   #731
LateRaider
Professor

I would say don't remove it since it's a clever challenge for interested players who took Bernard's route, or gave the box to the Doorman.
Old Yesterday, 00:12   #732
Jathom95
Explorer

I suppose I'm for removing it too. While I still think it's a strange way of having you backtrack, I think if it's wanted to be kept as a small side challenge by enough people that it's probably not worth it anyway. Would adjusting the death trigger break anything? If it does, then it's probably best to keep it as-is as well.

Last edited by Jathom95; Yesterday at 05:30.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:36   #733
.snake.
Archaeologist

I don't understand the problem with the death trigger though? All I ever have to do is side-flip over the wall and she's fine...
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:41   #734
Jathom95
Explorer

I didn't really have any issue with the trigger anyway, it was probably put there for some reason. So I think it would probably be best to leave it alone to avoid unforeseen issues.
Old Yesterday, 09:28   #735
reborninshadow
Historian

I can imagine removing that trigger causing some issues so it's best to keep it there. It's down to 2 options then, I can either make it require the upgrade again or keep it as is.

I was also going to ask for some opinions about the amount of health items you find as Lara. I always felt like there were too many of them but with this mod there are even more of them now so I was thinking if I should remove some of them or replace some of them with ones that heal less (or just replace them with ammo maybe?). I would mostly do this to the ones in obvious spots so the hard to get ones would remain the same, making them more rewarding to collect. What do you guys think about this?
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:10   #736
.snake.
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
I was also going to ask for some opinions about the amount of health items you find as Lara. I always felt like there were too many of them but with this mod there are even more of them now so I was thinking if I should remove some of them or replace some of them with ones that heal less (or just replace them with ammo maybe?). I would mostly do this to the ones in obvious spots so the hard to get ones would remain the same, making them more rewarding to collect. What do you guys think about this?
Yeah there are definitely too many health items.

Personally, I would like to have more dual vector and dual scorpion ammo everywhere. There's never enough for me on these recent playthroughs because I've been so starved of playing AOD without duals (plus the recent TRs) that I now only use the duals - but I end up running out of ammo super fast.

I was also never sure if Kurtis' disarming of Lara affects her ammo count or just her guns. Either way, by the time I get to Prague, I have no dual vector ammo left, and I'm forced to use that horrendous Rigg gun more often.

So to sum up: yes, please, add more ammo - particularly for the dual guns
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:36   #737
Jathom95
Explorer

Yeah, a good example is Neptune's Hall. There's no less than 3 of those large health packs, and they're all really close together.

I end up not using many of these health items because there's indeed way too many. I think ammo, specifically for the duals like snake mentioned, is a good idea.

Last edited by Jathom95; Yesterday at 12:37.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:52   #738
Ameliorator
Hobbyist

Hey, the newest update is great I just checked it out. I agree that there could be more ammo pickups for the dual weapons and less health items for Lara’s levels. You end up with an excessive amount of large health packs in my opinion. I also agree you with you reborn that the harder to get health items should be kept as a reward for your skill in reaching them.
Ameliorator is offline   Reply With Quote