Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 17-08-21, 14:59   #1
Greenapple968

Arrow Alternative Final Cutscenes (Home Sweet Home)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-fiY9GOQo

There are sixteen enemies in this level. Once you kill them all, the level then enters the final cutscene where Lara says to you "Don't you think you've seen enough?" before blasting you with the shotgun. There are some slight alterations that can be made to the final cutscene, making it more amusing. Firstly, if you kill enemies in the shower where the final cutscene takes place, then their dead bodies will still be there during the final cutscene. Secondly, if you set fire to yourself after killing the final enemy, then Lara will be on fire during the final cutscene.

In this video, I show the regular cutscene where Lara says her line and then shoots us with the shotgun. I then show the final cutscene but with Lara on fire during it. That's followed by the cutscene but with loads of dead bodies lying on the floor that Lara is stood on. I then finish by having Lara on fire, as well as having loads of dead bodies lying on the floor. I couldn't think of any other alterations that could be made to the final cutscene, and so that does it for this video. Those who've seen any of my Pacifist Runs for TR2 might be familiar with these alternative final cutscenes as I've always killed the enemies in the shower and set Lara on fire just before the end, producing the cutscenes shown in this video. None the less, I wanted to upload a video which focuses just on the cutscenes.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-21, 17:21   #2
Mek

I wasn't aware that you can make changes to the final cutscene! I thought that it is always the same. Lara on fire is especially interesting in the context of her words before shooting
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-21, 20:43   #3
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
I wasn't aware that you can make changes to the final cutscene! I thought that it is always the same. Lara on fire is especially interesting in the context of her words before shooting
Yeah, changes can be made to the final cutscene, as demonstrated in this video. I can't think of any other potential changes that could be made to the final cutscene though.
Old 17-08-21, 23:42   #4
grotesque

Maybe I'm wrong, but with flare (bengala?) in hand?
I remember to see with (and also possible use flare when she "wake up" in offshore level)

Last edited by grotesque; 17-08-21 at 23:45.
grotesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-21, 06:55   #5
mizuno_suisei

Even more fun - changing Laras position at the start of the level

The cutscene anim sticks

Stick her on the diving board by her pool - chuck her in the freezer *shrug*
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-21, 07:32   #6
ANoDE
Golden

Haha, awesome. I love the version with all the dead bodirs on the ground. Makes it even more savage.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-21, 16:29   #7
perryloo

Many of the cutscenes in TR2 use the existing rooms of the level, just like this bathroom scene, so if something is happening just before the scene runs, for example, if dead baddies are there, they remain there during the cutscene.

Some other cutscenes actually have their own dedicated cutscene layout, so they can manipulate the moving characters within these separate 'cut.TR2' levels, as you can see below. It is possible with some modding to visit these cutscenes and see the cutscene magic happening as the moving figures create the scene in real time. See below, for some of these cutscene layouts.

If you are not into modding or cannot mod, but wish to see inside some cutscenes, then read on...

In fact there is a custom game demo by mathew9r who is a member on here, that allows Lara to enter and watch some cutscenes from TR1 to TR4 in real time. It is very interesting indeed

Cutscene museum demo in TRLE net....
https://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=1704

Last edited by perryloo; 18-08-21 at 16:40.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-21, 19:29   #8
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotesque View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but with flare (bengala?) in hand?
I remember to see with (and also possible use flare when she "wake up" in offshore level)
If I was to end the Home Sweet Home level with a flare in my hand then it might still be there during the cutscene. I didn't think about flares when putting this video together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post

The cutscene anim sticks

I don't know how to change Lara's position; I'm no good at that sort of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Haha, awesome. I love the version with all the dead bodirs on the ground. Makes it even more savage.
Thanks, glad you liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Many of the cutscenes in TR2 use the existing rooms of the level, just like this bathroom scene, so if something is happening just before the scene runs, for example, if dead baddies are there, they remain there during the cutscene.

Some other cutscenes actually have their own dedicated cutscene layout, so they can manipulate the moving characters within these separate 'cut.TR2' levels, as you can see below. It is possible with some modding to visit these cutscenes and see the cutscene magic happening as the moving figures create the scene in real time. See below, for some of these cutscene layouts.

If you are not into modding or cannot mod, but wish to see inside some cutscenes, then read on...

In fact there is a custom game demo by mathew9r who is a member on here, that allows Lara to enter and watch some cutscenes from TR1 to TR4 in real time. It is very interesting indeed

Cutscene museum demo in TRLE net....
https://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=1704
I don't do modding, nor do I know anything about it. Your post is insightful though; you sound like you've got a lot of knowledge on this topic.
Old 19-08-21, 00:19   #9
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post

The cutscene anim sticks

FexinspectSK

find any moveable object- and change its MAP ID to 0 - this is LARA

then obviously, replace the original Lara ID with another one (say, a large medipack)

Lara will start - where you swapped her ID to.

You can get ID numbers via Fexmerger or Fexanim tools

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 19-08-21 at 00:21.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-21, 00:43   #10
wimc

The alterations are interesting and weird at the same time.
wimc is offline   Reply With Quote