Enzimix
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
Ah, a fellow Kurtis hater! Welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
What's wrong with Kurtis?
Well first of all I hate his attitude, I don't like the way he talks and he has to be the worst character to control, I mean fighting Boaz is very hard because Kurtis moves like a brick, that was the only time I rage quitted a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
Kurtis is better than TRA larson.
Enzimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 19:20   #6593
_Doppie_

Only the Earl of Farringdon is awesome.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 19:21   #6594
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
Ah, a fellow Kurtis hater! Welcome...

I think Kurtis should have got beaten to a pulp by French thugs and then thrown off a roof in the Parisian ghetto where we get to see him smash to jelly right in front of Lara. Then we wouldn't actually have to PLAY as him later in the game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzimix View Post

Well first of all I hate his attitude, I don't like the way he talks and he has to be the worst character to control, I mean fighting Boaz is very hard because Kurtis moves like a brick, that was the only time I rage quitted a game
Literally all of this
Kurtis has no personality. He's just an empty, shallow character who makes no sense. He's cute af but come on, he's a one-night stand not husband material
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 19:28   #6595
Enzimix
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
He's cute af but come on, he's a one-night stand not husband material
Well if he moves like a brick when fighting a monster, I don't think he'll move any better at night #ifyouknowwhatImean
Enzimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 19:30   #6596
Dream

Kurtis is ying to lara's yang, He matches and even beats her and even though he humilated her at the louvre they instantly had a spark

I think they were always meant to be soulmates, I would be jelly but I think my fiance kinda looks like him anyway so WEW LAD~~

Last edited by Dream; 26-06-16 at 19:34.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 19:39   #6597
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
Kurtis is better than TRA larson.
I don't agree with your new era of mind Peeves, but I absolutely agree on this !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 19:44   #6598
Lyle Croft

Kurtis used to be so attractive to me, now he just looks like those people on peopleofwalmart. With a weird patch of pubic hair on his chin.

I think Gunderson is hot tbh, he has this rough savage daddy thing going on.

Though he's kinda submissive to Eckhardt which is like ew (cause ya know he is a weirdy thingy)
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 19:48   #6599
Putai

Wow, haters on the loose. Turn down the charisma and let's spread some love.

Kurtis is absolutely fantastic. Just make some research about him, his background story and all his features who were cut from the game. He’s one of the main reasons why I love TRAOD. And apart from Lara, he’s the most fascinating character I ever found in TR saga. He’s totally unforgettable.

Thank you Murti Schofield for awesome Kurtis Trent. No matter what haters say, he had such a great potential not only as Lara’s partner but also on his own. It was a great waste to let him go. He deserved more appearances not only at TRAOD but also in his hypothetical spin-off games.

13 years after and I still see him in every hot and badass videogame male character. And he was so original back in his time. Nowadays we’re sick of demon hunters and mentally skill powered heroes in videogames, movies and books. He was designed for the win, but he was given no chance as happened with TRAOD itself. Thank you, Eidos *sarcasm mode on*

Can we talk about how he disarmed her without hurting her, when in previous games she had been literally knocked down when disarmed and no one blinked an eye?

Can we talk about the fact he was the one who cleaned Lara's mess when she cut the power off and released the Proto?

And the ultimate moment when I definitely fell in love with him: when he just gives a damn about his personal motivations for revenge and selfessly, trusts Lara wholeheartedly and helps her to escape, gives her the Periapt Shards to kill Eckhardt and faces Boaz like a boss to take on himself all the damage.

He sacrificed himself to give Lara a chance to defeat the enemy. He saved the day letting her go and trusting her the sacred weapons of his Order.

You did it well, Kurtis. You did it well.

I mean, how many can tell they owned Lara Croft and escaped without having their ass kicked? How many can tell they had Lara at their mercy and she didn’t kill them after? And that obvious chemistry between him and Lara. He's pretty much the same as her, he has her same dark humor: you just have to listen his audio lines deleted from the game.

He was meant to be Lara’s partner. Her soulmate. And he was just perfect for her. Sexy, witty, daring and cocky, but also loyal and caring for her. Not to mention his fascinating background story and his own skills, which made him more than a simple “male Tomb Raider”, which would have never worked. He was perfect just as he was. He was perfect for Lara.

I miss him as much as I miss her. That’s the truth.

Happy birthday, Kurtis.

Last edited by Putai; 26-06-16 at 19:49.
Putai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-16, 19:51   #6600
VindicativeBF

I read your post with Putai voice over and it made total sense. Hail Putai.
VindicativeBF is offline   Reply With Quote