Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Crossovers, Tabletop Games and Milestones > Tomb Raider 25

Old 22-04-22, 22:15   #361
JuditePrince12

I actually liked Camilla in 2013 but I blame the creative directors that guided her on how to do her voice. To me it just progressively worse and breathy as the trilogy went on. So much so that I think it's best for them to just switch the VAs all together. I think of Hayley and Alicia as the faces of unified Lara. They don't fit into the classic or reboot world specifically. In all fairness we should be very accepting to them so we see their work with this new era. Camilla served her purpose just like past VAs and I understand why she won't return.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-22, 22:52   #362
Yuna´s Wish

The animation will feature Zip, the LIVE Exp will feature Zip.

Is Zip a given for the upcoming TR game?
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-22, 23:59   #363
laracroftswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post

Only confirmed for the anime, as of now.
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 03:14   #364
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post

By that logic, it's weird to want her to sound like an out-of-breath American-trying-to-be-British bartender working at the "9-Bells" while she shares a flat in London with her fat friend, recovering from PTSD.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 06:25   #365
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
. A majority of y’all want Lara to sound like an upper echelon, posh, rich old lady which is weird lol .
And this would be a lot closer to the character than what we've had over the last few games. You know who Lara Croft is right? She's an upper-class British character. I don't get why people forget this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Unpopular opinion, but voice wise, I don't think Alicia is that much of a better fit than Camilla for the role of Lara. I'd much rather have Hayley Atwell and get a preview of what she'll bring to the role in the Netflix series.
This would have made the most sense tbh. However I guess they went with Alicia because she's a recogniseable face and it can parallel the movie in some ways. Both live action experiences.

Last edited by Tombraider95; 23-04-22 at 06:26.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 10:36   #366
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post

I'm guessing it's very likely.

I think it's kinda sad though. Crystal probably think that because they kept Zip during LAU, and are now possibly bringing him back, that this is a "good enough" nod to the original games.

Meanwhile Zip had like 5 minutes of fame during the VCI levels, and was a one-time-contractor whom Lara hires, and insults most of the time. Meanwhile, Crystal probably think they deserve a nostalgia award.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 11:38   #367
tomblover

To be fair, Zip is just about the only Classic-era character they could realistically bring back (besides Winston) - which I guess is why he was also in the LAU trilogy to bridge continuities.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 19:48   #368
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
That's unexpected but exciting. Glad they went with Alicia and not... that other woman.
Bro just say her name she ain't Voldemort
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 19:59   #369
tomblover

Just to be contrarian, I would like to point out that I, as a Swedish person, do not find Alicia's British accent convincing.

She hides her native lilt about as well as I do, but it's not foolproof by any means...

I don't know how you guys can pretend you don't hear it, but the way you'll tear Camilla apart for similar slip-ups reeks of baseless animosity. Grow up.

Last edited by tomblover; 23-04-22 at 20:06.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-22, 20:14   #370
AimlessThunder

Say what you want but Camilla is reboot Lara. She really brought the character to life. It's not her fault that the script was bad. I absolutely loved how less whiny she was in Shadow. I also like all the screams and grunts, she sounded so much better than in the previous games.
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote