Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 01-04-17, 16:43   #321
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
Thank you for all your help. However I still can't get the game to work . I dont get the "failed to create pixel shader" error, but the game still refuses to run beyond the FMVs.

No texture or FMV mods installed, only the patch that the launcher instructs to install (Tomb raider XP/ Vista Multipatch).

The error.log file seems to be clear:

Edit:
TR 3 does not run either. It will play the FMVs and then crash at the title screen (tomb3.exe has stopped working). The error.log is similar to the one above except it has two entries of "aha" at the very bottom.
A bug that i can't reproduce is hard to solve, but i just uploaded a tentative fix. Let me know the results

Last edited by Peixoto; 02-04-17 at 03:22.
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 17:43   #322
alitayyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
A bug that i can't reproduce is hard to solve, but i just uploaded a tentative fix. Let me know the results
Sorry to disappoint but this does not work either. Event viewer report for the crash is as below:

Quote:
Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Error 4/2/2017 10:17:53 AM Application Error 1000 (100) "Faulting application name: tomb3.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x36651379
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0ff10000
Faulting process ID: 0x260c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2ab7071da415f
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\TombRaider (III)\tomb3.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report ID: 6d239a1d-f7a4-4e4c-9962-822720f30f7e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: "
If you want i can reproduce the entire report. I just started playing the vanilla version. It isn't too bad. Already 10 hours into it.

Thanks for all your help and creating a very useful application.
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 21:04   #323
valerys

Just started the game again willing for some higher resolution experience. I've tried the remastered fmvs but with this tool they won't playback at all (works ok if I leave just the old rpl files in the fmv folder) and while iOS Texture pack works OK it does have an issue: opening the inventory spawns unwanted textures in the background.
valerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 02:24   #324
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerys View Post
Just started the game again willing for some higher resolution experience. I've tried the remastered fmvs but with this tool they won't playback at all (works ok if I leave just the old rpl files in the fmv folder) and while iOS Texture pack works OK it does have an issue: opening the inventory spawns unwanted textures in the background.
That's because you're using dgvoodoo
Old 12-09-17, 08:52   #325
valerys

Quote:
That's because you're using dgvoodoo
Thanks for the heads up, wasn't aware there might be a conflict between the two. Everything works well now, except for a small thing. In Bartoli's Hideout I have some black textures, is it because of your app or the iOS Textures are just incomplete?
valerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 11:06   #326
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerys View Post
Thanks for the heads up, wasn't aware there might be a conflict between the two. Everything works well now, except for a small thing. In Bartoli's Hideout I have some black textures, is it because of your app or the iOS Textures are just incomplete?
Thast's just how the texture is: dump22.dds check it out on the replacements folder
Old 12-09-17, 18:44   #327
GoldfishGam3r

I have a problem. I start the game (Tomb Raider 4) with Helper.exe, but all I get is a command prompt window that flashes a few times and then goes away, and the game doesn't start. Is this how it's suppoded to be?
GoldfishGam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 01:03   #328
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishGam3r View Post
I have a problem. I start the game (Tomb Raider 4) with Helper.exe, but all I get is a command prompt window that flashes a few times and then goes away, and the game doesn't start. Is this how it's suppoded to be?
No its not. Read the help carefully, many times when people ask for help the answer is already there, experiment with the settings, run setup (hold shift), remove dgvoodoo or wine if you have them installed. If nothing helps post your error.log
and try to create a trace file with apitrace: http://apitrace.github.io/
Old 13-09-17, 10:39   #329
GoldfishGam3r

Quote:
No its not. Read the help carefully, many times when people ask for help the answer is already there, experiment with the settings, run setup (hold shift), remove dgvoodoo or wine if you have them installed. If nothing helps post your error.log
and try to create a trace file with apitrace: http://apitrace.github.io/
Alright, I got it to work. Turns out it doesn't work with the steam version of the game, and when I multipatched, it started asking for a CD. But I found a multipatched crack online and used it, and the game launches now, with all the fixes. Only real problem is it doesn't play my FMVs. Could it be that since I'm running the game on a 1080p monitor, and replacing the FMVs with 2160p video, that makes the game skip the FMVs?
If that's what it is, then I'm gonna have to spend some good ammount of time rendering the FMVs in different resolutions, gonna be hell to upload

EDIT: I pluged my PC to my 4k TV and your launcher doesn't let me select 3840x2160?
It works fine if I launch the original game, I get the option for 4k, but your launcher doesn't have that option.

Last edited by GoldfishGam3r; 13-09-17 at 10:46.
GoldfishGam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 18:11   #330
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishGam3r View Post
Alright, I got it to work. Turns out it doesn't work with the steam version of the game, and when I multipatched, it started asking for a CD. But I found a multipatched crack online and used it, and the game launches now, with all the fixes. Only real problem is it doesn't play my FMVs. Could it be that since I'm running the game on a 1080p monitor, and replacing the FMVs with 2160p video, that makes the game skip the FMVs?
If that's what it is, then I'm gonna have to spend some good ammount of time rendering the FMVs in different resolutions, gonna be hell to upload

EDIT: I pluged my PC to my 4k TV and your launcher doesn't let me select 3840x2160?
It works fine if I launch the original game, I get the option for 4k, but your launcher doesn't have that option.
For the resolution there is the option: resolution override (which i just renamed: Force native resolution to make it more clear). This option has
to be enabled or the FMVs will always play as 640X480

The FMVs might not be playing because you didn't enable Non-exclusive fullscreen

All this is explained in the help

Another reason the the FMVs might not play is that directshow seems ti have problems with MP4 files with non convention sizes. If the fmvs still don't play after you select Non-exclusive fullscreen, try a fmv with a convention size: let's say: 1280x720 to see if that is the problem.

Once again, post the error.log: if you had done it, i would already know if you selected Non-exclusive fullscreen or not and if the patch correctly detects your monitor's resolution

Last edited by Peixoto; 13-09-17 at 18:26.