www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 08-01-20, 21:24   #651
LateRaider
Professor

Golden Mask and The Lost Artifact each had music triggers and ambient noise both so it's not like it'd be unprecedented for UB to have it. i'm just a purist little pissbaby lmao
Old 29-01-20, 20:54   #652
b122251
Explorer

Default It's Finished

So I finished my conversion of Unfinished Business. This means all four levels, and modified binaries in the following formats: UK (PAL), German (PAL), French (PAL), US (NTSC-US) and Japanese (NTSC-J). When making this version my goal was to make it look, sound and play as much as TR1 on the PS1 as possible. To come as close as I could to this goal, most of the textures and all the audio samples were ripped from the PS1 version of TR1, so they would look and sound identical to how they did in TR1. Also I added the controller item into the inventory (because it just doesn't feel the same without it). I managed to keep all the levels and all items and enemies intact (like when I did Golden Mask). Also, I used the same save crystal placement as the Gh0stblade version, and I added most of Sardoc's music triggers, but with some changes where I saw fit.
However, I'm not releasing it as a download just yet, because I've got something rather special planned for this game.

Last edited by b122251; 29-01-20 at 21:07.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-20, 21:23   #653
Ifrit61
Student

Can't wait to see what you've got!
Ifrit61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-20, 21:44   #654
ANoDE
Golden

Great work!
Old 29-01-20, 22:28   #655
Greatest TR
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post

So I finished my conversion of Unfinished Business. This means all four levels, and modified binaries in the following formats: UK (PAL), German (PAL), French (PAL), US (NTSC-US) and Japanese (NTSC-J). When making this version my goal was to make it look, sound and play as much as TR1 on the PS1 as possible. To come as close as I could to this goal, most of the textures and all the audio samples were ripped from the PS1 version of TR1, so they would look and sound identical to how they did in TR1. Also I added the controller item into the inventory (because it just doesn't feel the same without it). I managed to keep all the levels and all items and enemies intact (like when I did Golden Mask). Also, I used the same save crystal placement as the Gh0stblade version, and I added most of Sardoc's music triggers, but with some changes where I saw fit.
However, I'm not releasing it as a download just yet, because I've got something rather special planned for this game.

Wow I'm impressed. Looking foward of your special plan suprise.
Old 30-01-20, 10:16   #656
TempleOfHorus
Hobbyist

That's truly awesome. Good work as always b122251
TempleOfHorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 12:41   #657
Felix Kroft
Hobbyist

I really, really hope, to come here one day, and check the forums, to see a TR GOLD trilogy on PSX

Aaaahhh wet dreams, wet dreams of a nostalgic player

I'm loving threads like this, every time i check for update here, it almost feels like christmas.

I prefer to play TR GOLDS in psx format, it's more magical to me that way.

I know that PC version are visually superior, but i have a soft spot for PSX TR's.

So thanks for this project, i appreciate, and i'm still amazed with the results, and hard work from everyone involved.
Old 30-01-20, 13:32   #658
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Kroft View Post
I know that PC version are visually superior, but i have a soft spot for PSX TR's.
Funnily enough that's not even the case in all aspects. PC allows for higher resolutions, but they didn't implement all of the VFX for PC - the reflection effect on golden Lara for example.
Old 30-01-20, 14:02   #659
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Funnily enough that's not even the case in all aspects. PC allows for higher resolutions, but they didn't implement all of the VFX for PC - the reflection effect on golden Lara for example.
Indeed. The PSX version supported semi-transparent surfaces, and reflections. Also it had better colours in some instances. And that's not unique. The Saturn version of TR1 supported coloured vertex intensities.

I also have a soft spot for the PS1. :P
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 14:25   #660
Felix Kroft
Hobbyist

Oh geeee instead of "soft spot" my mind read "soft p0rn"
lol i don't know even why :P

anyhow

PSX version has better colors, water, effects, full, complete music / SFX
i could go on, and on.

Whole interface, health bars, and those TR3 PSX exclusive features, the danger of forgetting to save in the right spot, ahhh

Yup, PSX wins.

And the older i get, the less i like playing on PC

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 30-01-20 at 14:27.
Felix Kroft is offline   Reply With Quote