www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 31-05-14, 17:03   #4691
Zebra
Legend

Melissa Croft is the one thing about TRAE that I wouldn't have been thrilled about . But then she would've only been a multiplayer character with no involvement in the story so I wouldn't have minded too much. Still much better than making her father a part of the story like Crystal did.
Old 31-05-14, 17:05   #4692
Adaethus
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Melissa Croft is the one thing about TRAE that I wouldn't have been thrilled about . But then she would've only been a multiplayer character with no involvement in the story so I wouldn't have minded too much. Still much better than making her father a part of the story like Crystal did.
It's not the concept of making Lara's father a part of the story itself that's bad, it's the way that Crystal did it imo.
Old 31-05-14, 17:19   #4693
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ Not really. The whole family issues concept have been abused to death by games, movies, books etc. It's not fun, not original and has no sense in being in a game about raiding tombs. It was awful in both TR movie and TRL, the idea of having all your family members stuffed in never-seen-before tombs around the world is NOT(!) a good way to start an interesting story. I'm still surprised Crystal Dynamics want to keep it in TR Reboot, even though they have removed much more crucial parts of original Lara's biography.

Last edited by Caesum; 31-05-14 at 17:21.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 08:58   #4694
Drone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
^Cool. But she looks a bit out of place with those clothes to be honest
I don't think clothes matter much. Maybe it's bit trashy but practical. It makes a good difference between Lara and her.
Old 01-06-14, 10:49   #4695
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone View Post
I don't think clothes matter much. Maybe it's bit trashy but practical. It makes a good difference between Lara and her.
It's just that to me it looks like she belongs in another game really. Like Final Fantasy or something. Even Lara's most eccentric clothing looks more down to earth and practical than that tbh.
Old 01-06-14, 12:33   #4696
Zebra
Legend

She was supposed to look a bit extreme and punk-ish. It's not like her attire is meant to be normal clothing in the world of the TRAE. It would've likely felt extreme to Lara, too (although I doubt we would've actually seen any sign of that).
Old 01-06-14, 12:41   #4697
Drone
Legend

Quote:
It's just that to me it looks like she belongs in another game really. Like Final Fantasy or something. Even Lara's most eccentric clothing looks more down to earth and practical than that tbh.
Well that was the point. Kurtis also looked like a character from another game and that created great contrast between him and Lara. And eccentric stuff is not unusual for TR. Like Natla coming to Egypt on limo wearing business suit.
Old 01-06-14, 13:13   #4698
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone View Post
Well that was the point. Kurtis also looked like a character from another game and that created great contrast between him and Lara. And eccentric stuff is not unusual for TR. Like Natla coming to Egypt on limo wearing business suit.
Yeah, but like, yeah...
Some odd stuff appeared in the Core classics, but from the looks of the rest of the concept for AE it looks more...'serious'. I think throwing in a Final Fantasy character is just...no. Not that it would matter anyhow as she wouldn't appear in the main game, but only in multiplayer (if I've understood it correctly?)
Old 01-06-14, 13:28   #4699
Babou
Professor

Quote:
Yeah, I said last page that hair hair is like Yuna from FFX-2. And to your point above the fantasy look of Melissa would of been at huge odds with the rest of the game IMO.
Old 01-06-14, 15:36   #4700
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, but like, yeah...
Some odd stuff appeared in the Core classics, but from the looks of the rest of the concept for AE it looks more...'serious'. I think throwing in a Final Fantasy character is just...no. Not that it would matter anyhow as she wouldn't appear in the main game, but only in multiplayer (if I've understood it correctly?)
There are people who dress like that in the real world and Melissa is one of those. This is not a Final Fantasy character because in Final Fantasy, dressing like that is normal. In the world of TR it's not and Melissa would not have changed that. She would have stood out to everyone in the world of TR just like people who dress like that stand out in the real world.