www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 23-04-16, 18:21   #5191
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

I Wonder wgat would have happened if core completed the game and released it... what would it be like ???? ( in all cases still better the Crystal's Anniversary )
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-16, 18:35   #5192
Hazelphoenix
Professor

Well, technically, there would be a way to find that out.... If only *someone called Square Enix* gave the ex-Core members the permission to release it so we could play and judge by ourselves
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-16, 19:08   #5193
Caesum
Tomb Raider

I wonder what happened to the team behind Android/iOS versions of TR1 and 2. They could give them the code and allow them to make a working version. For PC or just handheld.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-16, 20:01   #5194
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
Well, technically, there would be a way to find that out.... If only *someone called Square Enix* gave the ex-Core members the permission to release it so we could play and judge by ourselves
**** that. Someone should have just leaked already. C'mon Core Divine we're waiting!
Old 23-04-16, 20:02   #5195
laracroft1997
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
**** that. Someone should have just leaked already. C'mon Core Divine we're waiting!
the core members can easily leak stuff, idk why arent they doing it yet too
Old 23-04-16, 20:17   #5196
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Depending on the build it could be traced back to the original leaker, and they could get into a lot of trouble. And considering Core was always a small team, tracking the leaker would be even easier so I'm guessing none of them want to bother with the risk.

There is also chance that no builds have survived this long. However remote it might be, the possibility is still there. I mean, who's to say everyone had the latest build? Who's to say that everyone who worked on it still bothered to save their copy when the game got the chopping block? Who's to say those who did save it still have a copy that works? What if the last copy got destroyed because someone's hard drive crashed?
Old 23-04-16, 20:33   #5197
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ The second chance is highly unlikely considering how often way older games appear from the darkness. TRAE is still a pretty new product and it surely has some copies still lying around. Even TR1-5 related files are still surfacing after such a long time(eg the lastest PSX tools and original editors for TR4 and 5).
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-16, 20:42   #5198
Jorje Croft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
^ The second chance is highly unlikely considering how often way older games appear from the darkness. TRAE is still a pretty new product and it surely has some copies still lying around. Even TR1-5 related files are still surfacing after such a long time(eg the lastest PSX tools and original editors for TR4 and 5).
TRUE STORY.

leaking files are easy. just go somewhere and use public computer. big deal? NO. I believer there are working AOD files too. I don't believe someone destroyed them. such a work need to be saved somewhere.

I till think TRA is best from LAU. and I love this game.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-16, 20:47   #5199
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Oh yeah I had forgotten about those. But like I said, it was just a remote possibility, I don't actually think that all copies are gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
TRUE STORY.

leaking files are easy. just go somewhere and use public computer. big deal? NO. I believer there are working AOD files too. I don't believe someone destroyed them. such a work need to be saved somewhere.

I till think TRA is best from LAU. and I love this game.
It goes beyond the IP address issue. Some builds have the employee's name somewhere sometimes to make it easier to know who's making/has already made what, etc.
That is just one example, there are more ways to determine whose build it is I'm sure.
Old 23-04-16, 21:28   #5200
jackraider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraiderplay View Post
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Clicky
THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
To be fair, there's no way to tell whether the post that said that was genuine or not.
No it's totally accurate. I heard this from an ex Core Design employee. Maybe from a written interview, but I could of sworn I heard it from that documentary of the TRseries released several years ago before the 2013 reboot. It was a good watch especially the segments with the ex- Core Design employees. They give some insight into Angel of Darkness and I believe a little on Anniversary (their version). Also, I remember they emphasized their gratitude towards The Last Revelation, implementing it as the TR game they were most proud of. Pretty sure that's where I heard that game testers had more fun playing CORE's version. Could be bias on their part who knows. CORE's version was probably a bit more nostalgic given that they took TR1's actual levels, imported them into the new engine, and used those levels as a base to build from (updated geometry, new areas, new puzzles, etc.)

Last edited by jackraider; 23-04-16 at 21:35.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote