www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 13-09-16, 08:39   #5671
dcw123
Relic Hunter

^Hearing the classic TR theme at the end of the T-Rex tune.. *cries*

This type of melodic music NEEDS to come back for TR3..
I'd even settle for some Troels - Legend's OST was pretty nice too I guess.

Reboot and Rise's music was all the same and pretty boring (I only really liked the Reboot's main theme)
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 09:19   #5672
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
I'm not surprised. We already know Lara was put into the Free Running game during very early stages. Perhaps Peter is talking about that "prototype" which was really nothing more than Lara being a playable character in Free Running. Or perhaps he means Lara at one point had all of the Free Running animations and the control system had not been adapted for TRAE yet so she could "free run".

Nevertheless, from the trailer. A lot of animations were most likely taken from Free Running and altered:

Shimmy FR
Shimmy TR

Wall Traversal FR
Wall Traversal TR

Drop hang FR
Drop hang TR

Idle anim
^In the second trailer this animation looks slightly different.

I'm a bit confused since Nathan Mcree was supposedly asked to work on the game shortly before it got canned.

Cheers.
The drop hang animation looks very similar to the one in AoD (in AoD, Lara will do this when you run towards a ledge and hold the action button down). I started to play Free Running the other day and the controls are actually very Tomb Raider-y. They feel like a mix between AoD and the PS1 games but with better analogue stick movement. FR even has a sprint jump like AoD does (only not as unrealistic).
Old 13-09-16, 10:25   #5673
dcw123
Relic Hunter

^ If only Free Running could be hacked and modded to create some type of editor for it..
Just imagine doing what Core did - making F.R into TR
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 13:08   #5674
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

It's entirely possible that if you can convert the level geometry into something that can be imported into Maya or another modeling program that you could change stuff. But that's opening a whole can of worms in terms of how an engine work that no one really knows.
Old 23-09-16, 21:03   #5675
trin_303
Archaeologist

Exclamation

Here you go

http://tomb-of-ash.com/post/15083026...ersary-edition

Last edited by trin_303; 23-09-16 at 21:04.
trin_303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-16, 21:23   #5676
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

That looks so much better then what we got
Old 23-09-16, 22:20   #5677
Caesum
Tomb Raider

The demo-making option? Grid or not grid(cuz we've not decided) based everything? AI based on TR4? Until someone from Core Design confirms this I don't think I'm able to believe it lol.

Last edited by Caesum; 24-09-16 at 10:01.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-16, 22:59   #5678
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
The demo-making option? Grid or not grid(cuz we've not decided) based everything? AI based on TR4? Until someone from Core Design confirms this I don't think I'm able to believe it lol.
I believe it could be legit, it doesn't contradict anything we've seen already at the very least. By the wording this is the proposition document they sent to Eidos before they started working on it. So things may have changed later.

They wouldn't need the grid system per say, the levels are already built so they just need a precise controlled lara. And they already have all their code from the previous TR games for animals and such, why not use the AI as a base? It'd save time and money. Remember at this point its just a PSP exclusive update of TR1, not the full fledged remake it became later.

The stuff about the war machine sounds pretty cool, as do the advanced treasure hunting mechanics.

Last edited by Boobandie; 24-09-16 at 12:13.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-16, 23:14   #5679
ashka
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
I believe it could be legit, it doesn't contradict anything we've seen already at the very least. By the wording this is the proposition document they sent to Eidos before they started working on it. So things may have changed later.

They wouldn't need the grid system per say, the levels are already built so they just need a precise controlled lara. And they already have all their code from the previous TR games for animals and such, why not use the AI as a base? It'd save time and money. Remember at this point its just a PSP exclusive update of TR1, not the full fledged remake it became later.

The stuff about the war machine sounds pretty cool, as do the advanced treasure hunting mechanics.
Actually it was a few documents, we just combined them in a single post so yes, we have no doubt it could be real since it doesn't contradicts. Plus, it's like 20+ pages long all together. Someone went through the trouble of recreating two levels in a 3d software and type in 20+ pages? I highly doubt it.
Considering our involvement in core design panel (and us being in touch with pretty much entire studio) it's only natural that people will send us stuff, trusting we will publish it. We can understand them wanting to be anonymous since, if you remember, even the trailer for this game was removed from YouTube for quite a while.

Last edited by ashka; 23-09-16 at 23:27.
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-16, 10:00   #5680
Hazelphoenix
Professor

The moment this was posted I was nearly having a heart attack.

Seems legit to me, and it's a little too detailed and precise to be made up, I don't see someone taking their time to make this up just out of boredom to trick us all. It wouldn't make any sense. On the contrary, it might be the original document used to pitch the remake idea to Eidos as Boobandie suggested.

Now, provided for a sec that what's written in this document it's true, all the people who thought AE was going to be an exact copy of the same old classic formula should really start to reconsider things.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote