www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 01-06-13, 19:34   #41
TeslaRus
Student

Default keymap update

Quote:
Is there a possibilty to change the key "~"
Yes, I update engine and reupload it to SF. Now (see config file) You can remap all keys You want (for help - see SDL key codes).
PS. I want to do keymap configuration too long =)
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 09:10   #42
FairFriend
Student

You're getting there man! Don't stress yourself and keep up the good work
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 20:35   #43
kaufi-lc
Explorer

Thank you TeslaRus, now I could have a look at the program, and I must say it's amazing what you did so far. I can't wait to see more about this in the future!
Keep up the good work!
kaufi-lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 15:12   #44
TeslaRus
Student

Default climbing update

Added hanging support and climb left / right. Added climbing detection while flying forward / free fall, fixed Lara's angle fixing in sloping surface case.
P.S. I upload update later.
video: http://youtu.be/tvUBkYa_BSA
Old 07-06-13, 16:12   #45
TombHackR
Golden

From now on I will use TelsaRus engine along with the TRNG engine though I have not downloaded it yet because I am still reviewing it.

A few questions...

Why is the camera take a while to catch up with Lara?

Do triggers and flipeffects work?

What are those random balls you can throw?
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 20:06   #46
Lwmte
Archaeologist

There is no auto-follow mode for camera yet, you have to move it manually with mouse. As for triggers and flipeffects, none of them are implemented yet (however, end_level triggers are visible in game as wireframe cubes), because current task is precise replication of classic TR controls and movements (however, maybe someone can already take advantage of contributing triggering code... ).

Balls are test spheres for physics engine. Funny thing is that you can rotate camera in front of Lara and throw them into her face on the run or while jumping - she will act just like stumbling into wall!
Lwmte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 21:04   #47
kaufi-lc
Explorer

Can't wait to try it out
Just one question: Since you are creating an engine can handle TR1-5 procedures, would it be possible to enable levelbuilders to create levels for TR1,2,3&5 instead of only TR4? So that we could use a WAD with TR1 objects and then convert the .tr4 file to a .PHD file?
kaufi-lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 00:46   #48
Kikiloco
Historian

Quote:
Added hanging support and climb left / right. Added climbing detection while flying forward...
Are those climb and hanging support done using the grid sector collision inside tr files or are done using the phyisic engine from the polygonal visual rendering room?

It looks so cool!
Kikiloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 09:10   #49
teme9
Professor

This project seems very good so far I can't wait to see what you're able to come up with in the future Best of luck to you all!
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 09:41   #50
TeslaRus
Student

Default engine

Quote:
Just one question: Since you are creating an engine can handle TR1-5 procedures, would it be possible to enable levelbuilders to create levels for TR1,2,3&5 instead of only TR4? So that we could use a WAD with TR1 objects and then convert the .tr4 file to a .PHD file?
This time I am trying to create playable engine. After complete that, maybe I will create level editor / converter.
Quote:
Are those climb and hanging support done using the grid sector collision inside tr files or are done using the physic engine from the polygonal visual rendering room?
I use Bullet physics engine and collision model == visual polygonal model, so Lara can climb on every object and enemy (next time I will add flags that enable / disable some objects climb-ability).