www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 11-05-14, 16:39   #561
Saracen
Hobbyist

Hi there, this is my first post, but I've been following this project with great interest for some time now. I was hoping that I might be able to contribute a few small features. I have modified the code so that all five games now render the level geometry and static objects with the correct lighting. I wonder whether the developers would be interesting in merging my changes; they're mostly self-contained, so they shouldn't interrupt anything else. If people are still interested, I could look into recreating some other lighting features next, such as lighting for animated objects.

I have screenshots, but I'm not sure what the appropriate method for posting images on this message board is. FAQs say that I need to have made at least 100 posts before I am allowed to post with working hyperlinks.

Last edited by Saracen; 12-05-14 at 09:00.
Saracen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 17:12   #562
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
Hi there, this is my first post, but I've been following this project with great interest for some time now. I was hoping that I might be able to contribute a few small features. I have modified the code so that all five games now render the level geometry and static objects with the correct lighting. I wonder whether the developers would be interesting in merging my changes; they're mostly self-contained, so they shouldn't interrupt anything else. If people are still interested, I could look into recreating some other lightings features next, such as lighting for animated objects.

I have screenshots, but I'm not sure what the appropriate method for posting images on this message board is. FAQs say that I need to have made at least 100 posts before I am allowed to post with working hyperlinks.
Hi Saracen, Welcome to the forums

It's very interesting what you have managed to do. I definitely suggest you do commit some changes as the more help, the better the project will be!

Cheers.
Old 12-05-14, 05:08   #563
raiderromero
Archaeologist

hi Haracen welcome to the forum you can upload the image to any image uploader site like postimage.com and the use the code
[img]here the link to the image[/img]

im curious to see how you can contribute to this amazing Project that everyone keep an eye on

Last edited by raiderromero; 12-05-14 at 05:13.
raiderromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 07:47   #564
Ado Croft
Historian

OMG, another programer. This is great, welcome here!
Anyway, I would like to see some screenshots with correct lighting in open tomb engine
Imagine this engine with correct lighting and current physics behaviour, sounds, conditions of Lara, etc., yay, can't wait to play it

Last edited by Ado Croft; 12-05-14 at 07:53.
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 09:00   #565
Saracen
Hobbyist

Thank you all. Here are the screenshots:

This feature was pretty trivial to add, as the lighting values had already been long since reverse engineered. I mostly just parsed them into usable OpenGL arrays. Since static objects use a combination of fake baked ambient occlusion and instance-specific tinting, I simply added the ability for the mesh renderer to override the colour values along with the vertices and normals. I'm not sure whether or not this could benefit from caching the modified colour values, however. Right now, static meshes with baked AO are modified in realtime.
Old 12-05-14, 09:21   #566
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

Amazing work, Saracen!
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 16:10   #567
Ado Croft
Historian

Wau great work! Could you send your source code to this website? I would like to compile it, of course if you want
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 17:37   #568
Saracen
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado Croft View Post
Wau great work! Could you send your source code to this website? I would like to compile it, of course if you want
Sure, I've just uploaded the fork to my own Bitbucket repository. You can get it from here: https://bitbucket.org/Saracen/opentomb/
Old 12-05-14, 18:00   #569
raiderromero
Archaeologist

looks really good saracen
Old 12-05-14, 18:48   #570
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
Sure, I've just uploaded the fork to my own Bitbucket repository. You can get it from here: https://bitbucket.org/Saracen/opentomb/
I just compiled this, it looks stunning! Great work. The object lighting does still appear to be a little light though, I don't think it adjusts based on the current room lighting? or however it's supposed to work...