www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 09-05-16, 14:04   #7381
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

$60 for a new release is cheap, my friend.
And okay, so you're not as hardcore of a gamer. That's cool, but that also explains why we finish things much faster.
Old 09-05-16, 15:23   #7382
Jankrow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
$60 for a new release is cheap, my friend.
Not in local currency it isn't.

Quote:
And okay, so you're not as hardcore of a gamer. That's cool, but that also explains why we finish things much faster.
True.
Old 09-05-16, 15:26   #7383
larafan25
Sage

Y'all are crunk if you paying 60 bucks for a new release. WHY ARE GAMES 80 DOLLARS NOW???? It makes 0 sense to me.
Old 09-05-16, 16:01   #7384
Shark_Blade
Legend

Mine is usually around $50 or less for new games, surprisingly. The shopkeeper even gives me some discount.

Hopefully U4 will be released tomorrow.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 16:07   #7385
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

My copy of Uncharted 4 was 56€, I got 5€ discount for being a regular customer at the store (you collect these premium-points by purchase and I had collected them for 5€ worth and I used them for U4).
Old 09-05-16, 16:36   #7386
paulwork
Archaeologist

Yay!!! Finally got my copy - cant wait to get home and play it!!!
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 16:39   #7387
suckerpunch
Student

K this game is just... amazing. In every way.. I keep thinking how much different it is than Tomb Raider and something like the reboot should be like this game.. The movements, the scenery, voice acting, everything is just perfect. Such diversity between levels, lovely colors. If only people who made Uncharted also made Tomb Raider...
suckerpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 17:15   #7388
paulwork
Archaeologist

I cant decide which difficulty level to play at. I chose the hardest option in TReboot because I knew it would be yawn-tastic otherwise. And it still was too easy for a TR game.

I wonder if you are at any great disadvantage if you choose moderate in uc4, then go back for hard later...

Its more for the unlockables - if there is dlc for uc4 at some point, i bet youll have to have at least completed on hard to achieve some things at dlc level. Oooh, decisions, decisions...
Old 09-05-16, 17:27   #7389
Bomb Fighter
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwork View Post
I cant decide which difficulty level to play at. I chose the hardest option in TReboot because I knew it would be yawn-tastic otherwise. And it still was too easy for a TR game.

I wonder if you are at any great disadvantage if you choose moderate in uc4, then go back for hard later...

Its more for the unlockables - if there is dlc for uc4 at some point, i bet youll have to have at least completed on hard to achieve some things at dlc level. Oooh, decisions, decisions...
I will start on Hard. Completed The ND Collection on Crushing recently, so hopefully, I'm prepared
try hard too, let it be a challenge. With all the stealth opprtunities, it will probably be easier than the past games. But it depends on how much you enjoy this style of games, I guess.

Last edited by Bomb Fighter; 09-05-16 at 18:34.
Bomb Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 17:54   #7390
paulwork
Archaeologist

This isnt a spoiler - more like a humorous observation of a miniscule detail that made me think of something else - the golden girls - while playing.

This golden girls trailer https://youtu.be/40b8anNi7WE. Its so tiny a detail you might not even notice it, but I immediately thought of the golden girls as soon as i saw it in the background of the scene. Xfiles Scully also did it in one episode too. That'll keep you flummoxed. Like I said its a teeny detail, blink and youll miss it when you start playing the game.

Anyway, more on topic now. Remember that first uc4 teaser trailer a few years back with the no longer used actors voice "you left me here to die etc..."? Are we supposed to forget that pirate-y first trailer ever happened? It seems so long ago now, I can barely remember.

Last edited by paulwork; 09-05-16 at 18:48.