www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 26-04-20, 21:58   #1
Jono4S
Hobbyist

Default Dual Pistols - Some Help

Hi Everyone!

I am a little confused, and am in need of some help / clarification on modding the game in relation to the dual pistols. So, I firstly installed the SCU launcher from the tombraiderchronicles website, which is the only mod I know of that allows dual pistols in the PC version of the game. I then followed the fantastic thread 'The best settings for Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness.' by Maverin - and everything seems to be working fine (despite me thinking it may not work having already installed that initial installer).

However, the biggest problem I have right now, is that the sound of both the single Vector and the dual Vectors is non-existent, whilst some of the other guns sound fine (as far as I have heard). I have seen footage of people running AOD on PC with the dual pistols sounding perfect, but I have been unable to find a mod / fix for the buggy sound.

So I am essentially asking two things:

1. Where / How do I fix the sound of the dual Vectors

2. Is there a way to play the game with the dual Vectors without having to enable the all weapons/ammo 'cheat' from the SCU? This is ideal, as I would love to play the game without automatically having all weapons, but still gain access to the dual Vectors through the mods. Like I say, this is in an ideal world, I know, but worth asking anyways.

Thanks so much, can't wait to have a proper play-through with all the wonderful fixes!
Jono4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-20, 23:37   #2
Samz
Relic Hunter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono4S View Post
Hi Everyone!

I am a little confused, and am in need of some help / clarification on modding the game in relation to the dual pistols. So, I firstly installed the SCU launcher from the tombraiderchronicles website, which is the only mod I know of that allows dual pistols in the PC version of the game. I then followed the fantastic thread 'The best settings for Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness.' by Maverin - and everything seems to be working fine (despite me thinking it may not work having already installed that initial installer).

However, the biggest problem I have right now, is that the sound of both the single Vector and the dual Vectors is non-existent, whilst some of the other guns sound fine (as far as I have heard). I have seen footage of people running AOD on PC with the dual pistols sounding perfect, but I have been unable to find a mod / fix for the buggy sound.

So I am essentially asking two things:

1. Where / How do I fix the sound of the dual Vectors

2. Is there a way to play the game with the dual Vectors without having to enable the all weapons/ammo 'cheat' from the SCU? This is ideal, as I would love to play the game without automatically having all weapons, but still gain access to the dual Vectors through the mods. Like I say, this is in an ideal world, I know, but worth asking anyways.

Thanks so much, can't wait to have a proper play-through with all the wonderful fixes!
It's because AOD only loads the sounds of weapons when they're ment to be used.

So the Dual pistols DO have sounds but you'll only hear them in the levels where you can obtain the single-wield versions. (Exception is after Lara loses her weapons, the Vectors never show up officially but since Lara was ment to get them back, to the point where ammo pick-ups show up for them, the sound effects for them is loaded again.)

So from roughly "Parisian Ghetto" onwards the Vector has sound effects. (Outside of the level where all your guns are taken away then they have sounds again in "Monstrum Crime scene.".) While the Dual Scorpion-X is loaded from "Strahov Fortress." since those are where you're ment to to have the Scorpion-X Guns.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=222357

I made a guide for how to obtain dual pistols WITHOUT infinite ammo here, I also provided easy save games for if you want to just download saves to have them both after/before the point in the story where Lara loses her weapons.

Last edited by Samz; 26-04-20 at 23:39.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-20, 14:31   #3
Jono4S
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
It's because AOD only loads the sounds of weapons when they're ment to be used.

So the Dual pistols DO have sounds but you'll only hear them in the levels where you can obtain the single-wield versions. (Exception is after Lara loses her weapons, the Vectors never show up officially but since Lara was ment to get them back, to the point where ammo pick-ups show up for them, the sound effects for them is loaded again.)

So from roughly "Parisian Ghetto" onwards the Vector has sound effects. (Outside of the level where all your guns are taken away then they have sounds again in "Monstrum Crime scene.".) While the Dual Scorpion-X is loaded from "Strahov Fortress." since those are where you're ment to to have the Scorpion-X Guns.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=222357

I made a guide for how to obtain dual pistols WITHOUT infinite ammo here, I also provided easy save games for if you want to just download saves to have them both after/before the point in the story where Lara loses her weapons.
Thank you so much Samz, it has been difficult being new to this forum to find everything with so many threads - I thank you for the link. I am using the SCU method and so far, so good! I did try the Monstrum Crime Scene Save and for some reason it kept crashing my game. Not sure why, especially when the Paris Backstreets Save worked fine.
Jono4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-20, 15:51   #4
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono4S View Post
Thank you so much Samz, it has been difficult being new to this forum to find everything with so many threads - I thank you for the link. I am using the SCU method and so far, so good! I did try the Monstrum Crime Scene Save and for some reason it kept crashing my game. Not sure why, especially when the Paris Backstreets Save worked fine.
It did?

Worked for me last time I checked.

I'll replace the save in a few hours.

EDIT: save replaced tell me if it works.

BTW did you down load Nakamichi's fixed levels? they were made on the fixed levels so maybe the unaltered level files don't mix well wit hthem.

Last edited by Samz; 28-04-20 at 20:07.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote