www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 01-09-19, 15:29   #17591
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

More games getting remasters like Aladdin and The Lion King. Tomb Raider on the other hand continues to rot
Old 01-09-19, 15:35   #17592
TR-Freak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Interesting. IIRC, TR4 had a bug where the shotgun appears on Lara’s back as thin as a paper.
This is exclusive to the TRLE Version
Old 01-09-19, 15:53   #17593
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Time to call upon my Classic TRF expertise.

Tomb Raider 4 and Tomb Raider 5 are not only missing some textures, but I remember that the actual holsters weren't enabled in the final game. Whether it was a bug or intention isn't known, but a fan did create a patch for the exe to enable them all, including the shotgun, Uzis, and the revolver. However the patch has an unintended bug where Lara won't draw upon her next weapon if she runs out of ammo.

I could try to browse and find the threads with the actual fixes. I think I backed them up somewhere actually.

I kinda miss how active the classic section of the forums were. There were mods and patches coming out left and right. Especially during the days that Tombati for Tomb Raider 1 came out. I miss those days.
Old 01-09-19, 16:20   #17594
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
did y'all know that on the ps1 version of tr chronicles, the shotgun does appear on lara's back in rome? (it doesnt in the pc version)

i was shocked
Oh yes, I always loved the fact TRC actually bothers to fix some issues Tomb Raider IV had... I thought it was quite bizarre that in all versions of TRIV you can't actually appreciate Lara's Uzis or Revolver in her holster(s). In TRC that was resolved though I suppose they must have forgotten last minute to enable them or something for TRIV... I think they should've at least used a similar texture to that from TR3 into TR4 without much effort if they didn't have the time to make entirely new ones. It's not like the holstered uzis looked any different in TRC than they did in TR1, TR2 and TR3. I am legit curious and have always been as to why this oversight occurred.
Old 01-09-19, 16:24   #17595
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Oh yes, I always loved the fact TRC actually bothers to fix some issues Tomb Raider IV had... I thought it was quite bizarre that in all versions of TRIV you can't actually appreciate Lara's Uzis or Revolver in her holster(s). In TRC that was resolved though I suppose they must have forgotten last minute to enable them or something for TRIV... I think they should've at least used a similar texture to that from TR3 into TR4 without much effort if they didn't have the time to make entirely new ones. It's not like the holstered uzis looked any different in TRC than they did in TR1, TR2 and TR3. I am legit curious and have always been as to why this oversight occurred.
idk but several ppl did make a fix, which i compiled into 1 exe https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=219262

i dont remember any issues with TR:TLR's shotgun on PC but its just not there in TR:C PC

edit - i made a gif of how it looks in TR:C on pc. size too big for in-line display https://i.imgur.com/ErDHlI7.gif

Last edited by LateRaider; 01-09-19 at 16:41.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 18:08   #17596
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
More games getting remasters like Aladdin and The Lion King. Tomb Raider on the other hand continues to rot
Don’t forget that there are millions of Final Fantasy games that are getting remasters and remakes, by Square Enix. Poor, old forgotten classic TR
Old 02-09-19, 02:45   #17597
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Hi y’all, just dropping by to say that the E3 story trailer for Shadow was amazing and gets me excited about the game every time. You need reforming if you think otherwise.

We have decided to stan Shadow forever <3
Old 02-09-19, 07:40   #17598
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
We have decided to stan Shadow forever!
<3
...right after Tomb Raider I and Angel of Darkness
Old 02-09-19, 10:45   #17599
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
idk but several ppl did make a fix, which i compiled into 1 exe https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=219262

i dont remember any issues with TR:TLR's shotgun on PC but its just not there in TR:C PC

edit - i made a gif of how it looks in TR:C on pc. size too big for in-line display https://i.imgur.com/ErDHlI7.gif
omg I wonder if I ever noticed that screw up, lol

I guess it's still less triggery than the wafer-thin shotgun of TRLE version of TR4
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 10:49   #17600
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I guess it's still less triggery than the wafer-thin shotgun of TRLE version of TR4
I wonder how that became a problem in TRLE? If it was not a problem in TR4, how did it end up being one in TRLE. Did Core mess things up when they watered down the editor for the public?