Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 01-03-20, 21:10   #81
JimbobJeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
using the esrgan upscaler?
Several different ESRGAN models yes, also others including Gigapixel and LetsEnhance. Batch upscales alone aren't good enough though so I do a lot of post-work on each to get them looking right for the game, which is why it's taking so long - I don't want to just run the whole thing through a single script.

After that I blend in my own textures sourced from sites like Poliigon wherever they would improve the final look. In some rare cases none of this applies and I re-create the texture myself from scratch, like with a few crates in Croft Manor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Really happy to hear, that you're still on it

Take all the time you need, you really did great work so far
Thank you so much!
JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 00:09   #82
SolivaN

Ill test right now

Last edited by SolivaN; 18-10-21 at 00:16.
SolivaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 00:42   #83
mizuno_suisei

Offtopic but now that LAU is on GOG DRM free, steam should be kicked off for good. Such a curse with Texmod and rerouting
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 21:09   #84
SolivaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolivaN View Post
Ill test right now
This work fine, so I can say this episode finally are closed 😂
Thanks JimbobJeffers for the new installation method that you have mentioned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbobJeffers View Post
Version 1.00 is out, porting the entirety of Croft Manor across to the new installation method! The mod is now back to the same state it was previously when it used Texmod, but of course the new setup is much better.

Next I'd like to have another look at many of the Croft Manor textures and maybe Lara's herself, as I've learned a lot since starting this project and may be able to improve them. Then her weapons could do with new textures, after which I'll probably start on the first level or her alternate outfits.
So that's is! My problem reported from the 2017 are greatly closed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbobJeffers View Post
Hi! Yes I'm still very much working on this, it's my in-between project while I work on other big things. Currently I've begun using a bunch of different AI upscalers to go through the first areas of the main game.

I'm sorry, I know progress is ridiculously slow having started this three years ago, but I have no intention of abandoning the mod
I think that all the job is finished, right? Or there's more stuff to work on it?
I've tested the game in the manor only until now.

Anyway, your work is perfect men, many many thanks for all your great effort!
SolivaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 08:03   #85
JimbobJeffers

Thank you SolivaN! I'm glad it's working for you now haha

Well the intention was to overhaul everything: Outfits, gear, enemies, environments.
I finished Croft Manor, the default outfit and some UI stuff, but when I started work on the first level's snowy environment assets I was struggling to get a noticeable improvement from them. And then I got hit with a bunch of IRL problems as is often the case with these projects!

I was considering packaging together all my project files and uploading them for someone else to continue. Or otherwise, I'm due for another playthrough of this game - I could take note of particularly low-res assets and focus on redoing those specifically, which is a more manageable beast than entire levels at a time. But it takes a lot of time especially as I maintain a spreadsheet that labels and details every single texture in the .DRM files, and when there seems to be very little interest in TRA it's hard to find the motivation :P
JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote